• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Eprom programming

Dustoff

Not sure were to put this, so I thought I'd drop it here. Trying to find a programming module for a Pro-Log M980. the part number is a PM9002A. If anyone knows there were one is, I would greatly appreciate a pm. Thanks!

Good luck with that! A personality module whose sole purpose is to program an obscure (MM5203) EPROM that's nearly 30 years old is going to be very hard to locate.

You may want to consider rolling your own programmer for that single chip.

Not trying to hijack, but where can i find an eprom programmer that I can use to make custom amiga kickstarts? I also need a good type of eprom blank for these and one taht is easy to use for beginners

Hi
A search on the web found a data sheet at:

http://www.ibmsystem3.nl/hjs22/pdf/MM5203.pdf

The programming looks like basically the same as 1702A's.
You might compare signals and such to see if it is
the same. I am just going on memory.
If so, a simple wire scramble socket may be all that is
needed.
That is assuming that your rogrammer can do 1702A's.
Dwight

There are some differences in supply voltages also, Dwight.

+5/-12 for reading and +5/+12/-50 for programming for the 5203 and +5/-9 for reading and +5/-9/+12/-48 for programming on the 1702A, so the PM might require some "tweaking". I'm not certain about the algorithm, either.

Since EPROMs were expensive and in uncertain supply back when the 1702A held sway, many devices are jumperable to use either, as much of the pinout is identical.

There are some differences in supply voltages also, Dwight.

+5/-12 for reading and +5/+12/-50 for programming for the 5203 and +5/-9 for reading and +5/-9/+12/-48 for programming on the 1702A, so the PM might require some "tweaking". I'm not certain about the algorithm, either.

Since EPROMs were expensive and in uncertain supply back when the 1702A held sway, many devices are jumperable to use either, as much of the pinout is identical.

Hi
I guess it would require some changes. The 1702A used a similar
data and address methods. That was what I was looking as.
Dwight

Back