• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Bunch of old cards...

antiquekid3

Veteran Member
So my radio club had a lot of old computer cards that nobody really wanted. I decided I'd take them home and get some pictures. Can anyone identify these cards and tell me what they go to?

If you want more pictures, just check out this site: http://img689.imageshack.us/i/img3649r.jpg/

Kyle

img3649r.jpg

img3683s.jpg

img3681.jpg

img3679.jpg

img3677g.jpg

img3675d.jpg

img3673.jpg

img3671k.jpg

img3669dx.jpg

img3667l.jpg

Well I don't know what they are for, but I have a whole box of parts similar to those on card 1. The third card from the bottom, the IBM one might go to a series 1 computer or a printer. I used to test cards like that one, that were built at the Endicott IBM facility back in the late 70's. The square cans are IBM SLT chips, an IBM integrated circuit. The 883's are capacitors, usually on the voltage pins as they're polarized.

Kipp

Well I don't know what they are for, but I have a whole box of parts similar to those on card 1. The third card from the bottom, the IBM one might go to a series 1 computer or a printer. I used to test cards like that one, that were built at the Endicott IBM facility back in the late 70's. The square cans are IBM SLT chips, an IBM integrated circuit. The 883's are capacitors, usually on the voltage pins as they're polarized.

The Packard Bell card is from a PB250. See Paul Pierce's description

The PB250 is a very rare and wonderful bird.

Wow, too bad I didn't have the machine with it!

This card (along with the three ohter similar ones) appear to be UNIVAC. What do you think these went to?

img3661o.jpg

This card and its partner:

img3677g.jpg

both have some information on the side of the card:

img3662g.jpg

On the newest-looking card...

img3679.jpg

...there's this number written on it:

img3654.jpg

I'd love to find out what these cards go to/did back in the day!

Kyle

Well, the UNIVAC cards and the "Y Drive Input Amplifier" don't have the same connector. I don't know enough about UNIVACs, but my presumption is they would use similar board connectors. Any ideas?

Kyle

Well, the UNIVAC cards and the "Y Drive Input Amplifier" don't have the same connector. I don't know enough about UNIVACs, but my presumption is they would use similar board connectors. Any ideas?

Not a clue. Any board or component markings that might at least lead to a manufacturer?

Well, the 4 somewhat identical cards in the second from the left column (big picture) have the same exact font as the two IBM cards with SLTs. My guess is they are indeed IBM cards. I just wonder what they went to...

The 9 cards with the same connectors (8 in the 1st from the left column and the bottom one in the 2nd from the left column) have numbers written on them, but I can't seem to make sense of any of them.

I don't really know what to do with these. Are they at all valuable? I was thinking about hanging them on the wall (without harming them, of course) just to decorate my room or something.

What do ya'll think I should do with them?

Kyle

Others could probably respond, but I'm not a collector of such stuff. I do however have a few cards that I've picked up over the years that have resided for a few decades in a lower desk drawer. Doubtless they'll be part of the junk that those who clean up after I've shaken this mortal coil will consign to the landfill.

Whatever you do, make sure you keep them safe, because they all seem to be old mainframe cards or large-scale computer cards, and these machines are going the way of the dodo. If someone needs parts maybe you can help them out down the road, or if you find a more complete machine..

Back