• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage IBM printers

Bobthearch

Experienced Member
I have two old IBM printers I'd like to get rid of. Doubt they're good for anything, but since they are genuine IBM-brand products I thought to give you guys a chance. Maybe someone collects IBM products or needs one for a display...

Free for pickup (in Raton, New Mexico), or pay shipping, or make a trade offer.

1) IBM Proprinter II

2) IBM Proprinter II XL

I´m catacorner, but that doesn´t make me close. Among the other stuff here, I do have printers, but I think those models are already represented. Maybe someone else wants them.

I´m catacorner, but that doesn´t make me close. Among the other stuff here, I do have printers, but I think those models are already represented. Maybe someone else wants them.

Thanks for reading and posting anyway.

For quick reference Raton is easily accessible from I25 midway between Denver and Albuquerque, or midway between Colorado Springs and Santa Fe.

Bump one time.

Both of these printers work meaning at least they power up with lights, beeps, and feed paper.

Make an offer to trade for shipping. Or if you're a non-profit (a 'real' museum, educational facility, etc.), I'll consider picking up the shipping cost.

These are a vital accessory for anyone with an older IBM computer, like the 5150 or similar.

I also have three unused printer cartridges for the IBM Proprinter II XL. Cartridges are by Nu-Kote, model BM215, IBM 4202 Proprinter XL. The boxes are in rough shape, and I'd assume the ink is dried out. But the ribbons and cartridges are in excellent unused condition.

I'll include these with the Proprinter XL, or consider a separate trade.

Thanks for considering,
-Bob

If I could make it out there, I would, but just cannot right now. I had a ProPrinter II and loved it, was one of the best printers I have ever owned.

Just curious, how far are you from El Paso?

Close to eight hours, I'd guess.

If you've got something of interest to trade, I'll pay to mail one of these printers to you. I'd be especially interested in any older PC software (CAD, games, Office 97, Windows Me, etc.), accessories or cartridges for the TI99/4a or Mattel Aquarius, or other obsolete working electronics (PDA, GPS).

Last edited:
Not too much in trade material lately; it either has gotten traded already or not ready to have anything done with it yet (mostly waiting on parts). No software, either. Well, very little and nothing in it's own box. Thanks for the offer, though, wish I could trade.

8 hours is a bit long; if you were <6 hours away I might could have made it over. Thanks anyways, hope it finds a home.

Final bump, with some photos added:

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

A shame that so many people are eager and ready to spend good money on PCs and XTs but not on the peripherals that would make them complete; I've had to take my share of DEC, IBM and RS printers to the dump because no one found them worth the shipping. Hope you have better luck!

Nice looking printer, probably a good model for the IBM PS/2 era. I have picked up my share of old printers but they are all local. Shipping for such a huge beast is expensive, and to be honest I prefer the sound of a laser printer to that of a noisy dot matrix these days.

Are your printers still available? I would be interested in the ProPrinter II if the shipping to Oregon wasn't too outragous.

Thanks for the pointer! Actually, maybe I'm weird, but I'm only interested in hardware that has the square metal "IBM" logo to match my PC/XT/AT sytems. The ProPrinter that I have now isn't all that heavy so I thought it might be worth seeing how bad the shipping damage would be.

You aren't going to believe this... those printers went to the dumpster not eight hours ago. :(
And sadly, not only did I drop them while opening the iced-over back gate, but they've also been getting covered in fresh snow/rain since I took them out.

But yes, I suspect shipping to Oregon would have been outrageous.

Sorry buddy.

Un-freakin-believable. There was also a PM from another fellow in Virginia interested in one of the printers. Crazy, after advertising them repeatedly for the last two months...

I promise that I checked both this topic and for PMs this morning before junking them.

Shoot, and I saw the ad on Friday, thought it over and was going to reply yesterday, but ended up being busy all day. Just to make 100% sure, are they gone gone? I have a printer w/ a broken power switch. Also, are the ribbons gone too? Thanks!

They broke up pretty good when I dropped them, covers, guts, etc. Trying to carry them both on an ice-covered sidewalk while fumbling with a frozen gate latch.

Yeah, the printer cartridges went with them.

--------------------

Have any use for the printer-to-computer cable?

Back