• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Happy Birthday, Tezza

Druid6900

Veteran Member
Almost missed ya.

Hope you had a good birthday (probably over Down Under by now) and that there are a few good ones left in ya.

It is interesting to have watched you go from someone that was terrified at the prospect of opening a computer to someone who can now competently fix a number of different computers. Old dog, new trick, ya know LMAO

I don't normally bother with this happy birthday nonsense, but for you I'll gladly make an exception now that Dru has reminded us all...

Hope you had a great one and have a fabulous year and many more of 'em; it's been a real pleasure getting to know you and follow your adventures.

All the best!

mike

A wise as^H^Hman once said "Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened." May you wonder what the hell happened for many years to come... er.. ok happy birthday ;-) Actually it's neat how many people use your website as a reference and I see your name more and more. So even though this is probably 2 days late now for your birthday week maybe have a nice beer and look for a lucky trademe auction.

Hi Guys,

I like this one from John…

“"Inside every older person is a younger person - wondering what the hell happened."

LOL!! So true.

Anyway, thanks for the birthday wishes. I’ve only been able pursue this interest because of the support, help and hints given by many members of this forum and I count a number of you amongst my friends even though we have never met in person.

Here are a couple of photos showing scenes from my 18.5km mountain hike yesterday. Like a vintage computer, I have to be exercised sometimes and (unlike a lot of my own machines!) I seemed to managed it (at least this time!) without breaking down.

coming-down-red-crater.jpg

rebecca-and-I-south-crater.jpg

We had ocassional cloud which obscured the peaks but given it's the middle of a NZ summer and there is no shelter from the sun up there, this might not have been a bad thing!

Tez

I'm lagging behind too... Ah well, I guess I could always wish you a happy birthday for next year, in advance ;-)

All the best, mate!

Since nobody else did, neat pictures and looks like a fit hike. Is that water below? (That looks so volcanic) Is that mist or what down towards the center of that first picture? Looks almost like dust from a vehicle.

Since nobody else did, neat pictures and looks like a fit hike. Is that water below? (That looks so volcanic) Is that mist or what down towards the center of that first picture? Looks almost like dust from a vehicle.

Yes, the trek takes you across the top of an eroded volcano...the lowest of the three large ones we have here in the centre of the North Island. Those are small volcanic lakes which have formed in some of the older craters. There are minerals in the water which give them a green-blue colour. They are called the "Emerald lakes". Just one of the many amazing sights on this walk.

The volcano still shows signs of activity. That mist is actually sulphur steam emissions coming out of the ground.

Tez

Back