• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Long-time lurker

glitch

Veteran Member
Hi all, I've read forum posts here and followed the XTIDE project closely...decided it was time to contribute!

My collection started with my grandmother's Leading Edge Model D, more as a necessity in finding software to make it useful as a personal computer. I've been given various old hardware by friends and family over the years; unfortunately, a lot of it got cut up and parted out to maximize the computing power available to me. In the last year of college now, I've been working on using my knowledge of old systems to restore otherwise non-working machines to full functionality. Since the space allowance of a college student are pretty small, most of these repairs eventually end up on eBay.

Nowadays, I mostly work with early PC and Apple/Early Macintosh systems. I've been trying to condense the collection of vintage machines down to those that are unique in function, or personally significant: I enjoy actually using vintage hardware as much as I enjoy fixing it!

I've also started restoring a Cromemco Z-2 S-100 system, with hopes of eventually running CP/M on it. In a modern design with vintage parts, I've been working on an 8085-based single board computer for embedded projects that require more I/O than Microchip PICs provide.

Back