• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

486 Tablet

I love 'em because:

a) They're durable

b) They're related to my FAVORITE computer company: Tandy (Tandy bought them out)

I think I'll take up your offer, johnorun. Email me and I'll see if I can work something out!

I'm exited now. These are really cool machines!

Hi,
I'd like $50 for the GRID 2270 since it works and has battery, power supply, original GRID carrying case and some documentation.
I plan to list some of my GRID collection on Ebay in the near future and I expect bids to go much higher than I'm offering to you.
I'd like $95 for the Tandy 1500 laptop, which also includes original manuals, power supply, battery (may not hold a charge) and diskettes.
Let me know if you definitely want one or both of these vintage PCs and I'll hold them until you raise the funds, but not forever...lol.
Thanks,
-john O'C.

Hi,
I'd like $50 for the GRID 2270 since it works and has battery, power supply, original GRID carrying case and some documentation.
I plan to list some of my GRID collection on Ebay in the near future and I expect bids to go much higher than I'm offering to you.
I'd like $95 for the Tandy 1500 laptop, which also includes original manuals, power supply, battery (may not hold a charge) and diskettes.
Let me know if you definitely want one or both of these vintage PCs and I'll hold them until you raise the funds, but not forever...lol.
Thanks,
-john O'C.
I'm definitely buying the 2270, but I'm not sure I can afford the 1500. Could you PM me some pics? I have cash in hand as I type this (I do paypal).

I already PM'd him getting dibs on the 2270 - of course I might not be interested if it has no sound card. If you want it much more than I I'll just let it go though.

I am interested in this stuff too, johnorun, please post some pics since you seem to have so many interested parties! :D

I'll try and post some pics tonight...it takes some time to take the pics, resize them and upload so hang in there.

*Snaps up the 2270*

Hi Raven,
Actually Tandyman expressed interest in the 2270 first and I agreed to hold it for him until he responded.
However I do have two GRIDPad 2260's, which are almost identical as far as I can see.
IF you want one of these, I can get you specs and pics tonight....Fair?
-J.

Hi Raven,
Actually Tandyman expressed interest in the 2270 first and I agreed to hold it for him until he responded.
However I do have two GRIDPad 2260's, which are almost identical as far as I can see.
IF you want one of these, I can get you specs and pics tonight....Fair?
-J.
The difference between the 2270 and 2260 is that the 2270 is a 486, and the 2260 is a 386. The 486 is more usefull to me since I am wanting to run Windows 3.1 and games, and a nice machine to take on the road. That, and I've been after one for literally years. John, PM sent.

No worries, as I said if he wanted it more he could have it.
As for the GRIDPad 2260, it runs Win 3.1 and has 8MB ram, so if you're interested, Raven, let me know.

For the rest of you, I got home too late tonight to post the requested pics and info, but it will get done tomorrow for sure.:rolleyes:
Thanks for hangin' in there.;)

Does the 2260 have a slot for a math coprocessor? I noticed a pretty big improvement with a compaq laptop I had once when it had the copro rather than when it didn't. And can it have more ram than 8mb? Is any available?? I had great luck with a 386 vs. a 486 in the past. I might be speaking totally out of left field though, as I never have owned a Grid.

Does the 2260 have a slot for a math coprocessor? I noticed a pretty big improvement with a compaq laptop I had once when it had the copro rather than when it didn't. And can it have more ram than 8mb? Is any available?? I had great luck with a 386 vs. a 486 in the past. I might be speaking totally out of left field though, as I never have owned a Grid.
***** I'll have to check this and the other requested info this weekend-sorry.
work takes precedence, unfortunately.:(
Please be patient until then. Thanks.

Waiting on word back for the 1040 and the Palmpad systems for how much $ it would cost to buy.
The Gridlite 1040 is $105. since I just spent $20 for a new A/C power adapter for it. It works and is in like new condition physically.

I have 2 Grid PalmPad 2363's and they are $35 each. The screen pen and original battery is included. Surprisingly, the 1990's batteries still hold a charge! I tested both of these Pads tonight and they also both work. The touch-screen pens need two watch-type batteries replaced, otherwise I could have gotten past the start-up menu. I did see that 4MB of memory existed and I suspect there are hard drives inside each, although I can't hear much noise. In addition to the pen, these also have a socket and cable adapter for a standard keyboard for input.
Shipping is additional and at cost.
Let me know what you want or if you have questions. Thanks.

I don't know, since I don't have the time to tear one open to look. I don't have any spare ram.
Did you try Google?

Back