• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Original Phantasmagoria PC on GameGavel.com

heh. I just re-found my copy last week. Sitting in a case along with The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour. I need to set up a machine to play them on, now...

I don't have this game, but I've seen every minute of gameplay with humorous commentary thanks to Spoony at http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/.. he likes to review FMV games such as this, and I must say it's one of the more interesting ones.

I'm mentioning this because some people might not be familiar with the game, and this way they can get a taste and see if they want it. :)

Ah ha! This was one of the first PC games with an involved plot I'd played -- one of my cousins had it, but couldn't let me borrow it since he was actively playing. I got to borrow his copy of Myst though, another great game. Anyhow, I'd forgotten the title, but now I can keep an eye out for it!

Oh, man... Spoonyexperiment is hilarious! (I like the review for "Street Fighter 2010".) But their review is for the Phantasmagoria sequel, which is pretty bad, not for the original, which is quite good.

I have Phantasmagoria and A Puzzle of Flesh in both opened and shrinkwrapped form. Great games, both, although I personally enjoyed Phantasmagoria more than its sequel. This was actually one of the few games that kept me glued to my computer until I beat it - that was one long weekend filled with about 5 hours sleep a night, bathroom breaks, and sandwich breaks :)

I have both 7th Guest and 11th Hour as well, but have never gotten around to playing them... soon, I hope.

As I remember, a higher-end 486 with 8mb RAM should play both of these games fairly well. I know that a low-end Pentium plays them fabulously, as that's what I used back in the day.

Back