• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ISA Voodoo Card?

Raven

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure these don't exist from my research, but I want the final say for some of you more knowledgeable about what exists or not from the time when I was too young to know what was going on with hardware... Was there ever an ISA Voodoo card?

Nope.
Even the earliest 3DFX chipsets were released on PCI cards. ISA was too slow and EISA was nowhere near common enough in a home PC to be economical.

There might be an ISA card with the Voodoo name, but it was not from 3DFX which had its first card on PCI.

If you're talking about the graphics card, definitely not--it wouldn't have made any sense, given the speed of the ISA bus. PCI was pushing things, AGP (I've got one) was manageable.

The idea - my idea - was that MDK is very close to playable on my Am5x86-133 Presario 425, and if I could get a Voodoo card in there (2xISA only) it might work playably in glide mode (I'm one of those guys who pushes hardware to it's limits).

Unless someone has another alternative idea, my current plan is to find a voltage regulator and see if I can get a Cyrix running at 133mhz in there, see if that runs faster due to superior FPU. My other idea is to design and build a Socket1->Socket2 adapter, allowing a Pentium Overdrive to run in this Socket 1 box.

Back