• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rant - too-long signatures

I put mine in color, as I figured that at least makes the post distinguishable from the sig.
So let's all go with dazzling and different colors, hey what :)

One "trick" I've seen used on other forums is for the members to create a post or posts somewhere appropriate listing everything they would put in their sig (collection highlights, wanted items, items for sale etc.) and then just having a couple/few links in the sig to those posts.

Just a thought.

Is there any convenient way to limit signatures in posts to two or three lines? It's getting a little irritating to get a one-sentence post followed by 16-20 lines of what a given forum member owns or hopes to own.

Perhaps it might be possible to expand the profile area so all of the irrelevant text can be viewed if anyone's really interested. As in "Click here to see what I'm looking for" or "Click here to see what I own."

Just a thought, for whatever it's worth.

I thought I had issues...

Ater someone pointed out that "General Settings" could make signatures go away (as well as avatars), I'm happy.

As Emily Latella says "Never mind..."

I think you should post a conversation with Eliza about what your feelings are about signatures.

Figured it would be a good time to update, given the size of the old one sticks out a bit and I just made a new banner for my website. I don't wanna hear any complaints about it cause it's regulation banner size!! :satisfie::cupid:

per wrote:

I'm still in for a
Spoiler BBcode!

shouldn't be too hard to add for an admin, and examples can be found all over the web. Just do a quick search on google to see examples and descriptions.

Spoilers are wonderful - excellent idea, a great way of getting stuff off your chest without showing it to the world direct unless they click on it. Please, Please, Please Erik can we have one?!? I'll be good! :D

Back