• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

anyone seen one of these befor???

1ajs

Experienced Member
not sure what it is has 2 plugs and what apears to be a loped off conection for a 9volt batery
mystry.jpg

Is that an LED or some other kind of readout? Looks like a screen to me between those headers. Have you taken a look at the underside of the board?

Having a double connector for a POS and NEG (apparently), adjustable knob, plus a 9-volt battery on the inside it could be a number of things. Voltage tester, frequency counter, electronic "pinger", telephone tester... the list goes on.

I would like to see how things are connected on the other side, though.

Is that an LED or some other kind of readout? Looks like a screen to me between those headers. Have you taken a look at the underside of the board?

Having a double connector for a POS and NEG (apparently), adjustable knob, plus a 9-volt battery on the inside it could be a number of things. Voltage tester, frequency counter, electronic "pinger", telephone tester... the list goes on.

I would like to see how things are connected on the other side, though.

can't realy get at the back side the 2 contecters at the top prevent it from coming out of the case

1j100 Doesn't help at all. My guess? Probably a voltmeter using a digital LCD display module. My guess is mostly based on what I see in the way of support components.

Hi
I'm almost sure it is a volt meter. Check the transistor looking part and you'll see that it is
most likely LM336 or a LM385. There is a most likely a 7106 chip under the display.
The capacitors are typical parts to go with the 7106 ( look it up ).
I agree with Chuck. Put a 9V connector on the two leads and connect a battery.
I'm relatively sure you'll see it is a volt meter.
Do check the transistor looking thing and tell us what it says???
Dwight

That's if you can find a fire extinguisher or safety glasses on that bench.

Quit wasting time worring about what that "thing" is, and clean up that bloody mess.

The only thing missing on that bench is the snow shovel (don't tell me it's snowed there already).

The bench vise is for holding small components while soldering them...

What's that big box in the corner with two meters? A rather large power supply?

Wish I had such a great workbench as that one - very envious !

Frank
txs its been nice having remembers helping build it when i was about 5 or 6

Sheesh--if you're that afraid, hook a low-voltage (say a No. 47 pilot lamp) in series with the battery.

No guts, no glory.

never herd of a pilot lamp? let only a no47

Hi
I'm almost sure it is a volt meter. Check the transistor looking part and you'll see that it is
most likely LM336 or a LM385. There is a most likely a 7106 chip under the display.
The capacitors are typical parts to go with the 7106 ( look it up ).
I agree with Chuck. Put a 9V connector on the two leads and connect a battery.
I'm relatively sure you'll see it is a volt meter.
Do check the transistor looking thing and tell us what it says???
Dwight

theres no markings on the blue thing does have a screw head in it on the one end and theres some sorta chip mounted under the screen

Quit wasting time worring about what that "thing" is, and clean up that bloody mess.

The only thing missing on that bench is the snow shovel (don't tell me it's snowed there already).
lol that is cleaned i got some much stuff its not funny and no snow yet TG

The bench vise is for holding small components while soldering them...

What's that big box in the corner with two meters? A rather large power supply?
standard frequecy genirator from the late 30's? 40's
genk.jpg

that vise is the most used part of the bench lol every thing from getting a stuc penut buter lid off to striping 500mcm wire to little things ect ect lol

Well, I'm definitely never inviting you into my place ;-)

No snow here yet either, but temperature is around freezing at night; Real Soon Now...

A little jealous of that workbench myself over here :) You wouldn't happen to be a ham radio operator as well, would you? Those are the only people I can think of who would have military equipment quite like that (except me, and I'm about to get my FCC license).

A little jealous of that workbench myself over here :) You wouldn't happen to be a ham radio operator as well, would you? Those are the only people I can think of who would have military equipment quite like that (except me, and I'm about to get my FCC license).

nope but have the gear odly. 600 or so tubes also

6.3V, 150 mA bayonet base. One used to be able to buy them at Radio Shack.
bulbs-47brass-ge.jpg

It's just a trimpot; probably multi-turn.

I like that very much!

o those things ok got a bunch of them bulbs kicking around.

if u like that genirator get aload of this gem my dad aquired when he was about 12 and had to cary it home a mile as thats what the mine head told him he had to do to have it as it was being tossed out lol a week later he had it fixed and was getting into trouble teasing the local taxi cabs
radioz.jpg

Back