• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Problems after replacing CMOS battery DS12887 in Compaq Deskpro 286e

Good Morning:

I hate to make it 9...

Here's where we are on this entire issue -
I had the phone company physically come to the site where the Honeywell system is installed to check and verify the telephone line. Gel connections replaced at the pole - all metrics in spec.
Tried to connect to the control with the original modem - same problem - connection lost.
Replaced modem - same result - connection lost.

Unless there are other suggestions - I plan to do the following:
1) Clean my floppy drive and hopefully recognize and copy original system disks.
2) Properly identify HD Type (May need help based on HD geometry identified in previous post)
3) Reformat HD; and reinstall clean OS and Honeywell communications software.
4) Attempt to connectto Control.
Conclusion - If I continue to lose connection - I can assume a failed card in the Honeywell control.

Does this make sense?

Booch

Tell you what: PM me and maybe we can get together via phone some convenient time and see if you can reliably communicate with a modem in my computer, and/or try some other tests.

Do you have any standard communication program installed, or the means to do so?

Mike S:

I have a communications ap called "Bitcom" installed. Will PM you regarding a convenient time to test.

Mike S:

I have a communications ap called "Bitcom" installed. Will PM you regarding a convenient time to test.
Sounds good; give me a day and I'll try to install a copy of BitCom here so we're both looking at the same thing. Let's see if we can finally get this ironed out one way or another.

Back