• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: SoundBlaster or Adlib 8 bits card

Xanxi

Hello.

I'm looking for a working Adlib or SoundBlaster 8 bits card, with drivers disk if possible.

Please make offer including shipping to France.

Thanks Vintage Computer.

Regards.

Adlib cards are very hard to get these days, I had to pay $100 for one on Ebay, more than I really wanted too..

;)

Thanks a lot for those links.
Unfortunately, the ebay seller has blocked any question through ebay, so i can't ask him about delivery to France or shipping costs. A1usedcomputers does not seem either to send to France.
That's bad luck because the SB 2 is perfect to me and they are at a good price. :(

A Sound Blaster Pro card will also work fine in an 8-bit slot. It has a 16-bit ISA connector, but only its CD-ROM interface uses the 16-bit part of the bus.

There were also many 8-bit Sound Blaster clones; some better than others. I have an Aztech "Sound Galaxy BX II" in my CompuAdd 810 turbo-XT-clone, and it seems to offer perfectly good SB compatibility.

A1usedcomputers does not seem either to send to France.
If the purchase/checkout system does not support France, an email to the company may be fruitful.

A Sound Blaster Pro card will also work fine in an 8-bit slot. It has a 16-bit ISA connector, but only its CD-ROM interface uses the 16-bit part of the bus.
Being 16-bit, you must be writing of the Sound Blaster Pro 2 (as different from the Sound Blaster Pro).

CT1310 - SB 1.0 - 8 bit
CT1320 - SB 1.5 - 8 bit
CT1330 - SB Pro - 8 bit
CT1350 - SB 2.0 - 8 bit
CT1600 - SB Pro 2 - 16 bit

Being 16-bit, you must be writing of the Sound Blaster Pro 2 (as different from the Sound Blaster Pro).

CT1310 - SB 1.0 - 8 bit
CT1320 - SB 1.5 - 8 bit
CT1330 - SB Pro - 8 bit
CT1350 - SB 2.0 - 8 bit
CT1600 - SB Pro 2 - 16 bit

Maybe the original CT1330 is different, but here's the CT1330A and it has a 16-bit connector, although hardly any of the pins on the 16-bit extender are used:

http://www.dearhoney.idv.tw/Museum/Creative_SoundBlasterPro.jpg

Back