• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Friends got a Straight-8 (original PDP-8)

Crawford

Experienced Member
Folks,

I just have to share this. David G. just got his straight-8 a couple of days ago. I helped him wrestle it down to his basement.

http://www.pdp8online.com/straight8/pdp8.shtml

It's in remarkable condition for a machine that came from British Columbia to the DC area just bolted to a pallet, and covered in cardboard. It has some cosmetic damage to the plastic on the back, but in all, it should clean up to be quite a nice machine.

Enjoy the pictures.

-Crawford

Absolutely fabulous! I am sure that David is in heaven. After seeing the job he did restoring the TU10, I am sure he will have that straight-8 restored down to the finest detail.

Congrats!

Lou

@MikeS,

How was it shipped? That's an interesting question. The DHL slip said air freight, but there were several conflicting routes and it took ~2.5 weeks to arrive. So it's somewhat of a mystery exactly how the two pallets got from BC, Canada to Maryland. There was also no in-route tracking information given.

@Lou, All the more reason to visit DC!

-C

Congrats to Dave G. I agree with Lou that he must be in heaven with this and I can't wait to see pics of the restoration process or it working. I too saw what he did for that TU10 and it was amazing.
Tim R

From BC?! Hot damn, I knew there was one hiding around here somewhere!
Anyways, lucky find. Looks like you got an awesome christmas present.

Back