• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Computer collection (aka bane of wife's existence) - just computers, not peripherals

falter

Veteran Member
1 - Commodore PET 2001-8
1 - Commodore SuperPET
1 - Vic-20
6 - Commodore 64 (breadbox)
1 - Commodore 64c
1 - Commodore sx-64
1 - Macintosh Plus
1 - Macintosh SE
1 - Macintosh Classic
1 - Macintosh Color Classic
1 - Macintosh II
1 - Macintosh TV (aka Black Mac)
1 - Macintosh LC
1 - Macintosh LC III
1 - Macintosh LC 630
1 - iMac (233)
1 - Apple II+
1 - Apple IIc
1 - Tandy TRS-80
1 - Tandy TRS-80 Model II
1 - Tandy TRS-80 CoCo
1 - Texas Instruments TI-99
1 - Atari 520ST
1 - Atari 130XE
1 - Atari 800
1 - IBM PC Jr
1 - IBM PC 5150 (and monitor)
1 - IBM PC 5170 AT (and enhanced monitor)
1 - IBM PS/2 30
1 - IBM Thinkpad 701c
2 - IBM Thinkpad 710T (and case/printer/500lb stand)
1 - ASCI u68 System X (no idea what it does... didn't come with a cord)
1 - Kaypro II
1 - Toshiba T1000
1 - NEC APC
1 - Colecovision ADAM
1 - Compaq lunchbox portable thing (it's buried.. heh)

I think that's it so far.

Last edited:
You have an APC? I have an NEC APC too, but it's got something wrong with it's power circuit (the drawer that pops out of the front once unscrewed/etc.. don't suppose you know anything about troubleshooting these?

I see you are missing a 5160.
Want one? I have a couple to sell off. Could even go with a 5153 monitor...
Where are located?

Where are located?

Yes I've been looking about for a 5160.. but every listing on ebay is $250+ --- one clown had one at $899. Sheesh!! I'm in Squamish, BC (bout 30 min north of Vancouver)... where bouts are you?

You have an APC? I have an NEC APC too, but it's got something wrong with it's power circuit (the drawer that pops out of the front once unscrewed/etc.. don't suppose you know anything about troubleshooting these?

Heh I'm in the dark too! We had this neat computer store that used to have old stuff dropped off on what they called the 'free bench'. If it was there, you were free to take it. That's where I found two TRS-80 Model IIs and the NEC. However, none of them had any cards in them. As it turned out, one of the model IIs had a bad power supply and the other had a bad screen. After finding the cards on ebay, I managed to combine the two into one. I also found the cards for the NEC.. however, it does not light up at all. I suspect probably it was dumped for the same reason.. but I have no means/knowledge of how to test it. It looks like a pretty neato machine though.

Is the Compaq portable lunchbox guy about the size of a small suitcase, weighs a ton, and has a neon orange plasma display? If so, it's probably a Portable III or Portable 386...neat machines, I picked one up cheaply a few years ago, but unfortunately it arrived with a shattered screen.

I thought the consensus was you needed to replace a diode?

I thought the consensus was you needed to replace a diode?

tbqh I couldn't remember. Haven't been able to get someone over here to actually replace the thing, though, and I'm too horrible at soldering to do it myself..

Where are located?

I'd love to get a 5153 for my 5160 - I could then actually do something fun on it! Don't suppose there's a way to get a 5153 from MN to DE without paying a huge sum of cash and breaking it on it's way? :p

Found a few more machines (and received a couple) as I dug out the old computer closet:

1 - Mac LC II
1 - Mac LC III
1 - Mac LC 475
1 - Apple LC 630
1 - Apple IIe
1 - PowerMac 7100/66

Back