• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIGS April Fools ebay auction?

I say everyone with an ebay account report the auction to ebays system, he deserves to have his auction killed and account suspended for that crap. I also sent a politely nasty note to the moron letting him know if its just a bare gs its worth max of $50.

I say everyone with an ebay account report the auction to ebays system, he deserves to have his auction killed and account suspended for that crap. I also sent a politely nasty note to the moron letting him know if its just a bare gs its worth max of $50.

Meh, why bother. It's not like it's being misrepresented. Its just over-priced.

Besides, its not bare -- it has a SCSI card, a Quickie Scanner interface and a Hyperstudio digitizer card (at least) in it.

Did anyone check out that users other auctions?

This one is equally stupid. I like the description though:

Code:
Macintosh Apple LC III in great condition, from my diseased husband.

Only for adamant Mac collectors.

Meh, why bother. It's not like it's being misrepresented. Its just over-priced.

Besides, its not bare -- it has a SCSI card, a Quickie Scanner interface and a Hyperstudio digitizer card (at least) in it.

I wouldnt bet on it being a scsi card for sure, I bought one pictured similarly (no info, no interior shots, but also only $30, not $3k), and it turned out to be a super-serial card. Without pics of the inside we cant be sure it has anything but some ports screwed into the back.

For me its the principle, its cluttering ebay up making it harder for us to find the real auctions, same reason I flag crap on craigslist too.

I wouldnt bet on it being a scsi card for sure, I bought one pictured similarly (no info, no interior shots, but also only $30, not $3k), and it turned out to be a super-serial card. Without pics of the inside we cant be sure it has anything but some ports screwed into the back.

For me its the principle, its cluttering ebay up making it harder for us to find the real auctions, same reason I flag crap on craigslist too.

I don't see how it's "clutter" and would prevent anyone from finding a more reasonably priced GS somewhere else on eBay. Who is anyone to say if something is priced too high? The potential buyer obviously, by choosing to buy from somewhere else. It's pretty clear (after looking at the other auctions) that this is someone (maybe some little ol' lady) who hasn't any real concepts of what their dead spouse's stuff is worth and is fishing. I don't see anything wrong with that.

And pretty sure thats an Apple HS SCSI card... the white port gives it away and their cables are mounted. There are no SSC with white ports.

I don't see how it's "clutter" and would prevent anyone from finding a more reasonably priced GS somewhere else on eBay. Who is anyone to say if something is priced too high? The potential buyer obviously, by choosing to buy from somewhere else. It's pretty clear (after looking at the other auctions) that this is someone (maybe some little ol' lady) who hasn't any real concepts of what their dead spouse's stuff is worth and is fishing. I don't see anything wrong with that.
You're obviously new here ;-)

This is one of the most important rituals of the vintage computer community: when you see something on eBay that's priced higher than you think it's worth (especially when it's this high), instead of just chuckling and moving on you must start a thread about it here to call the unknown seller stupid, an idiot, possibly a crook, suggest turning him/her in to the eBay police, etc...

It's all just good fun; no point in trying to interject the voice of reason...

;-)

And pretty sure thats an Apple HS SCSI card... the white port gives it away and their cables are mounted. There are no SSC with white ports.
Thats exactly what I thought till the one I won turned out to be a SSC with white port (maybe it was an 3rd party port cable, but it was genuine apple SSC), now mind you im not saying this isnt a SCSI card, im just saying for $3k I dont know anyone who would gamble on it (for the $30 I gambled on mine, im not upset, just saying without an internal pic you cant tell anything).

You know all said, I dont have THAT much of a problem with this one in particular, if she can get $3k, good for her. The ones that get me the most, that I report to ebay everytime is stupid people listing the "Woz" ones as "signed" or "autographed".

Hah! "Diseased"? I wonder if the seller meant "Deceased"?

Well in one of her other auctions she mentions an ex son-in-law. So I am guessing the 2 mac auctions have to with selling her ex's Macs, possibly being vindictive.

I would not want anything to do with this person.

Back