• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Moving from MI to VA, time to clean house!

compu_85

Experienced Member
Because of a change in employment I'm going to be moving from Michigan to Virginia... in 2 weeks! :crazy: As such... I need to clean house. I just can't bring all this stuff with me.

Pics of my pile-o-items: https://picasaweb.google.com/perkins.jason/BlowoutSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzRlbOui7PatgE#

Here's a partial list...

Apple:
3x Mac SE/30. Unknown ram
1x Mac SE Dual floppy, with an 020 or 030 accelerator and internal hard disk. 4mb ram.
1x Mac Plus. 4mb ram & system saver.
1x Mac Classic II. Unknown ram
1x Performa 475 (Pizza Box). Unknown ram, but as I recall I stuffed in as much as it would take.
2x IICI. With cache cards.
1x PowerMac 9500. With tape drive!
1x Quadra 840AV. Probably don't want to get rid of this one. 64mb ram, 2gb hdd, 24x cd.
1x Lisa 2/10. Restored power supply. NOS Crt. Good glare filter. Working Widget and 0 bad sector ProFile. OS 3.1, Workshop, & MacWorks. ImageWriter & Daisy Wheel printer. Appleline IBM mainframe interface. Apple 300 Modem. Acoustical coupler modem. Was sold as an XL, so no cards under the keyboard. For me to let this go the price will have to be right. Pictures here: http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/Lisa/
3x //C. With power bricks
1x //C+.
4? external 5 1/4 drives
1x external 3 1/2 drive
1x Analog board from a 512k. Worked when removed years ago.
Various disks including lots of 800k games, mice, keyboards, etc. Good compact Mac CRT.

PC stuff:
IBM 5710 AT. With 30mb seagate disk, CGA card & CGA display. Worked great when I last used it 4 years ago. Pics for this here: http://compu85.homeip.net/stuff/IBM_AT/
IBM PS/2 Model 77s. Pentium overdrive installed right now. Has win 98 and ethernet.
IBM PS/2 Model 50Z. IIRC it's 2mb ram 20 mb hdd. A real gem, it's hardly used and in all the original packaging. Has the monitor, Proprinter, keyboard (model M what else?), mouse, external 5 1/4 disk drive, plus software and books. All in original boxes.
IBM PS/2 Model... ?. Thin desktop with 386SLC. It's by the compaq portable.
IBM PS/2 Model 70, with IBM 386 CPU upgrade. (not pictured) Some scratches on the front plastic, but works good. ESDI disk.
IBM PS/2 Model 80. Ethernet, ESDI & SCSI disks, ram card (16mb?). Currently has Novell server on it.
IBM PS/2 E. 16mb ram 250? mb hdd. Ethernet. Running NT 3.51, neat lill machine.
IBM PC 750. Pentium 133 with built in speaker, cd and 5 1/4 disk. Probably don't want to get rid of this as its good for backwards compatibility.
Compaq Portable. Yes the first machine they sold. AST SixPaxPlus upgrade card so it's got a clock and 640k ram. No full keyboard, I stole parts to fix my Lisa's keyboard. Beeper doesn't work. Has 40mb miniscribe hard disk. Yes I picked that one because of its sound...
Gateway Destination. PIII450. Missing the DVD drive, but with all the original software disks, and keyboard and IR mouse / remote. Has VooDoo 1 or 2 card.
Dell PIII thin desktop. Slot processor. Has a soundblaster AWE32!
Compaq ProLiant 1600. Dual PIII 550s? 640mb ram. 5x 10k rpm 4.3gb disk. Win 2k Server. Rack and tower face included.
Compaq ProLiant DL360. Dual PIII 800s?
HP NetServer XLe. A real beast. Quad PPro 200s, 640mb ram, 12x 4.3 gb hard disks. EISA machine. Win NT4. Comes with the notched high amp power cord.
Monorail Model 133. The first sub $1000 PC as I understand it. Has matching mouse and keyboard, but the enter key on the num pad is gone :( With sealed software box, Win98se.
HP Color USB / SCSI flatbed scanner w/ ADF. Works great!
Epson NEC V20 laptop. Forget the model, but has lead acid battery and 20mb internal disk.
Epson Apex V20 desktop, with matching CGA display. 20mb Plus HardCard. (not pictured)
Disks disks and more disks. IDE, SCSI, ESDI, ST-506. All small. Floppies and CD rom too.
Boxes of ram. 30p and 72p.
MCA ethernet cards. NOS. Many!!!
2x Summit 48 port 10/100 port switches.

Other items:
Atari 2600 console w/ organizer and games.
Sony Watchman handheld TV.
JVC Car stereo, with casette & CD Changer. Works great, orange backlight.
Modem bank. IIRC they're 9600 baud and can do fax?
Mice, keyboards, fans.
SCSI CD tower loaded with 4x drives.
15" LCD displays.
IBM Model M keyboards, with cables.
Tall rack enclosure with nice smoked plexiglass door.
AT&T Partner MLS phone system with matching phones & voicemail server. Plus some other random bell phones.
IBM WheelWriter typewriter
IBM Correcting Selectric II typewriter
(make?) Daisy wheel printer. Serial and Parallell connections.
Sound blaster collection. I don't recall what all I have in that box, but I think it's everything from the original to the AWE64. Several 16s with different built in controllers.
AT&T Video phone. This makes a dial up connection to another video phone for that great 1990s webcam quality picture! In box.

Almost all of this stuff is in Adrian MI, and I would really like to do local pickup.

Reasonable offers will not be refused.

Thanks!

-Jason

Last edited:
I've sent him a PM, but assuming that he's not willing to ship, is there anyone local to him that would be willing to do the honors?

PMs replied. I'd really not like to ship a bunch of single items out to different people... I just don't have the time :( But if someone got a whole bunch of it I bet I could put it on a palette... :)

-J

Wow. You've got two weeks to get rid of all of that?! Was this job out of the blue, or was there some serious procrastination going on? Bummer I don't live in Michigan, I'd glady pay you tuesday for a PC AT today... :)

Lots of nice stuff I wouldn't mind having the PS/2 70! I sold my other one but funds are limited right now plus I am down in Florida. Good luck selling it all. Shame to have to loose it.

Wow. You've got two weeks to get rid of all of that?! Was this job out of the blue, or was there some serious procrastination going on?

I've been out of work for a month (got laid off on april 1st :rolleyes: ), I applied thursday, got an interview friday, and an offer saturday :eek:

I've been out of work for a month (got laid off on april 1st :rolleyes: ), I applied thursday, got an interview friday, and an offer saturday :eek:

You've are one lucky MoFo. Most people I know that lost there job have been out of work for 2 years or more and can't even get a job at a fast food restaraunt. Can't get a reply to any resumes they send out.

Congratulations on the job, bummer on the loss of the computer collection, but to a certain extent I envy you...you get to start the hunt all over again from the beginning, if you want to. :D

Congratulations on the job, bummer on the loss of the computer collection, but to a certain extent I envy you...you get to start the hunt all over again from the beginning, if you want to. :D

Or you rent a storage unit to keep what you want to keep and come to pick it up at a later date.

1 SE/30, //c+, 800k disk drive, zip drive, 1 //c, and the imagewriter 2 are gone.

The IBM AT, PS/2 Model 80, and 5 of the many ethernet cards are spoken for.

wow you should at least keep SOME of that stuff... the extra cool stuff... compaq portable, the 5170 AT, the Lisa 2/10, and maybe a few others... i know you don't want to ship, but if nobody else wants to get them locally, would you consider sending out one or two of the MCA ethernet cards? i've got an etherexpress MCA card in my PS/2 model 8580 386, so it's not a huge deal either way but spares wouldn't hurt.

Some items are sold. Hoping those who want to do pickup can come by tonight. Will be shipping things today too.

-J

Some items are sold. Hoping those who want to do pickup can come by tonight. Will be shipping things today too.

Good for you! I never got that call though. Did you list all Sound Blaster cards?

I'll call tonight when I have the cards in front of me :)

Yes, The M's are the later type with the round IBM logo and LEDs.

-J

Back