• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-IDE tech Support

This is good stuff. I've wanted to power both the on-card LED and use the header pins to power an LED for the front panel of my machine, but it looks like doing so causes the output to be cut to half brightness.
I think (god it's embarrassing sometimes to only be a software guy) that your proposal might allow us to power 2 LEDs at the same time.

Hopefully someone will answer that, but thanks for posting the question as I'd not read Chuck's comment on CF DASP drive strength until now..., and it's highly relevant to what I'm working on!

Are any of these available?
Not really, but maybe.
Since the end of life of the rev1 cards, I have been collecting interested buyers for the new rev2 cards. I have ~20 buyers lined up, but I only received 10 cards from the recent batch of rev2 PCBs that were produced. These have been kitted up now and I am going through my buyers list (slowly) selling them off in a first-come-first-served basis. When these 10 cards are sold out, I am retiring from XTIDE building and kitting. With the 2-to-1 demand over supply that I have, I doubt that I will end up with any spares, but I will sell off anything I have.

The cards that I have may free up some rev1 cards if the people buying them are merely upgrading, so some may come up as more rev2's are made available.

There are 2 CPLD based projects coming along. These cards are very promising and likely will be cheaper than the versions using 74ls parts. I'm not responsible for their availability.

There are 2 CPLD based projects coming along. These cards are very promising and likely will be cheaper than the versions using 74ls parts. I'm not responsible for their availability.

Do these projects have websites? I don't have a XTIDE card but I do have an IBM 5160. It works fine right now but it pays to keep up with these endeavours...just in case. :)

Tez

The Dangerous Prototypes discussion is contained within this thread over on their site:

http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2657

My project is almost complete. A little more testing is still required on the software side of things. I plan on submitting a PCB order as soon as hargle sell's out. I will also be kitting and selling bare boards and complete kits ala-cart on a first come first serve basis. Design files are on a public svn at http://www.retrotronics.org/svn/jride/trunk. Wiki pages will be following in the coming weeks as boards are in transit.

Not really, but maybe.
Since the end of life of the rev1 cards, I have been collecting interested buyers for the new rev2 cards. I have ~20 buyers lined up, but I only received 10 cards from the recent batch of rev2 PCBs that were produced. These have been kitted up now and I am going through my buyers list (slowly) selling them off in a first-come-first-served basis. When these 10 cards are sold out, I am retiring from XTIDE building and kitting. With the 2-to-1 demand over supply that I have, I doubt that I will end up with any spares, but I will sell off anything I have.

The cards that I have may free up some rev1 cards if the people buying them are merely upgrading, so some may come up as more rev2's are made available.

Thanks for the information. Is the schematic available for the Rev 2? I downloaded a File called XT-IDE.ZIP. It has a schematic from 2009 in it. Is this the latest. With the availability gone I may roll my own board.

Back