• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Greetings

Travis

I suppose introducing myself is the polite thing to do. I'm not much of a dog person, but walks on the beach are ok as long as I'm wearing sun block. I work in telecom, and my technological obsessions tend to be more modern. I guess my nerdiest bragging right out side of work is my Asterisk PBX with IVR and its mix of Avaya and Cisco phones around the house.

When I look around the house I realize i don't have a lot of vintage tech beside my Atari 5200. There is just something about playing Dig Dug or Pac Man on a modern high def television. I wish I still had my other childhood game systems, but my younger cousin still won't give them back after all these years.

Recently I acquired a TeleVideo 950 and am in the process troubleshooting some issues with it. My eventual goal is to put it in the living room with it connected to one of the household servers. Hopefully I can find some help here as well as help some others in their endeavors.

Nothing wrong with current technology, that's where the moneys usually at ;-) Most of us are techs of some sort. Haven't done too much pbx stuff myself. Actually have an older one I should probably throw up on the VCGM if anyone wants. I honestly never got it to do much but it was sold to me as working status with some phones. I need to get some sorta phone up soon though but I'll probably settle for a crappy magicjack set and figure out what it can do afterwards. I think it's no contract.. or if it was it's cheap enough a year for a toy. Really if I get something up I'd probably just end up trying to find a BBS with it and see how how static there is.

..um.. I digress lol welcome to the forums is what I mean to say! On the bright side, a lot of used stores and thrift stores haven't found too much value in the older consoles yet so may be a good time to pick em up if you're still interested. Long as you liked good selling games you won't have to spend too much to re-invest in your past. You could also look at some of the newer reproduction systems like the Retron, etc which can do sega genesis, nes, and snes on one console.

It's the simple things in life that add meaning. Starting small and carefully planning your collection is prudent. I started small and now have a good collection of systems and memories.

Back