• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Rare ncr pc4 fully functional &...

Gill

...With original manuals
...With original floppies (games & programs)
...Dates from 1985 and according to old-computers.com: "The PC4 won the German International Forum Design award, in 1985."
And as mentioned in the Title, it is indeed fully functional.

'Seems like everyone is drawn towards the Attari, Apple, Commodore, IBM and a few other big brands but vintage is always vintage and lest we forget about companies that have been in existence since the 1870s. In fact, it was ex-NCR manager Watson who went on to head IBM and grow it from 1924 on (originally known as CTR).

Anyone interested is welcome to contact me.

I think that there may be a reason that the PC4 won a German prize--it was made in Germany! I'd like to find a PC8 sometime.

I still use a PC4/PC6 keyboard on my XTs from time to time. Not clicky--it uses Cherry switches, but it's a very nice keyboard.

Las fotos finalmente!! ie the pics

Las fotos finalmente!! ie the pics

NCR PC4 frontal.jpgNCR PC4 back.jpgNCR PC4 manuals.jpgNCR PC4 programs on floppy.jpg

A day late but "Better late than never"

Cheers!

That looks a lot like the Decision Mate V, the Z80 64k NCR machine with removable podules in the back. I think an 8086 could be added but it didn't make it a PC.

Cheers,

Andy.

Everything I thought I knew about the DMV is loopy. A 2nd look at the rear makes me wonder if you're correct.

Well the latest version of the DMV's IBM s/w compatibility is yes. H/w no. But don't bet the farm on it.

I saw a similar looking unit in a thrift store years ago on Long Island, long before I was an accululator. My suspicions told me it was neither a PC4 or a DMV. I happened to meet a lady that worked for NCR in Newark, NJ, and what do you know they allegedly made something called the Datamate (Data Mate?), but made very few. From the conversation it also sported a z80. I'll have to track that woman down.

Back