• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

That's me!

You sure know how to make me feel old. :) Your first Pentium computer was when you were five. I believe I was about 22 when I bought my first Pentium 75 computer. Before that I was on an A4000.

Well, it's great to have you here. I've already been enjoying this forum since arriving recently.

Heather

Made me feel old too, grew up on Apple ]['s myself and later 386/486 Win3.x boxes, I was about 11-12 when Intel launched the Pentium's, and I was probably 16 before I had one (it was a 200 w/mmx, it ran win95 SO much better than my 486, lol).

I have probably been collecting since I was about 12-14ish, mainly due to the fact its hard to bring myself to throw anything away that works, but space issues have made me toss (recycle) a few things I regret over the years (like all my CGA/EGA/MDA monitors :mad: and an XT clone or two).

Official welcome from me too, even though we have talked many times on here in the past year, lol

After joining here on Pi day of last year, 365 days later, why don't I introduce myself on Pi day of this year.

Howdy everybody. I'm Ian and I've been into computers for as long as I can remember. I got my first computer when I was five, which was a Gateway 2000 (can't remember the model). It had 16mb of RAM, a Pentuim I processor, a 3.1gb hard drive,, Windows 95, and apparently it had some expansion bays which were covered up by a removeable door. I never knew the door came off.:) We eventually got rid of the computer, but the only thing I still have from it are the hard drive platters and the motor. My first "vintage" computer I got was a Macintosh SE. Still got it next to my //c. And I've just kept going from there. Space for all these vintage computers is getting slim, and E-Waste is coming up soon.:sigh: Got a 150 pound laser printer crowding up the place too.

Anyway, exactly one year from me joining here, I like this place and enjoy helping out people.

I'm new here, but welcome!
And are you sure about the Gateway 2000? I've seen one new a long time ago, and it was a 486-33, I think that I also have the manuals for that system somewhere in my house...

I've got the manuals for the system, just have to find a picture online to go with it. According to the manual, I had a "mid-tower" configuration.

I've got the manuals for the system, just have to find a picture online to go with it. According to the manual, I had a "mid-tower" configuration.

Man, I was reading my post, and I was rude, very sorry. Let me do this again:

Welcome Ian, you're are in my ten super-helpers list, it's nice to have members like you in the forum! Enjoy!

about the Gateway, now I'm remembering about a Pentium tower option in this line, it was super cool, and even had feet, I'm right?

Back