• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How do you do Twitter on a 5150?

Floppies_only

Veteran Member
Guys,

It's public service time. This nice lady who is working on a National Geographic documentary heard that you can tweet with an IBM PC from the '80s, and that sort of thing is what part of the show is going to be about. So how do you do it? Has anyone here done it? The whole idea of that part of the show is using old computers to do modern tasks, and twitter is a sort of an evolution of the diary, so it would be great to let our machines shine by showing the world what they can do without the quad core running at billions of cycles per second.

Mary's thread is here:

Forum: Collections/Community: General Vintage Computer Discussions: archive of 80s computers performing 21st Century tasks

Sean

Here are the first five Google results:
1/ X-men film
2/ Phone specification
3/ Model of Segway
4/ Wireless microphone
5/ Condo development

Which one were you referring to?

"x2" = seconded, I was agreeing with Chuck that I also don't use Twitter.

"x2" = seconded, I was agreeing with Chuck that I also don't use Twitter.

2x=+1 Thanks. :) Don't know why I didn't catch that. lol

I don't mind Twitter. The problem I have is despite it's theoretical usefulness in keeping a group updated on some event, there always seems to be a more practical way to do that. I think it only really works for narcissists.

8088 corruption would be good for this, also brutmans mTCP would be exceptional as well. Plus all the other people that use vintage gear for everything. I think this goes beyond just twitter. This is a chance for some of our oldies to shine again.

8088 corruption would be good for this, also brutmans mTCP would be exceptional as well. Plus all the other people that use vintage gear for everything. I think this goes beyond just twitter. This is a chance for some of our oldies to shine again.

It is quite possible (I've done it) to do e-mail on a single 360k floppy PC.

Back