• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

very rare apple lisa 1 PROTOTYPE OFFICE SYSTEM v1.4

lucasdaytona

Veteran Member
take a look here, and try to not laugh loud.

Original and authentic prototype Apple Lisa Office System v1.4 disks, dated 1983.
Released versions of the Lisa Office System include v1.0 and v1.2. Lisa Office System v1.4 was never
released and was scrapped when Apple (Steve Jobs) decided to switch over to the Sony 400k disk
drive. The subsequent Lisa 2 and 2/10 computers were released coinciding with the original Macintosh
128k computer, on January 24th, 1984. Lisa OS v1.4 evolved into Lisa OS v2.0 (400k 3.5" disk format).

Unfortunately, the data on these disks was not retrievable. Lisa Office System v1.0 has now been placed
on these disks. Both disks are in excellent working condition. Labels are authentic and original.

I fully guarantee these disks to be authentic and original. I only sell authentic items.

Boy, looking at the media surface, I wouldn't trust these disks for much more than one or two passes.

As far the content of the disks, well, what can I say? Sometimes to the Applefanboyz, the labels mean more than the real thing.

I'm very curious to know what's my reputation here :confused:.

I'm afraid of being known for crazy prices lol.

I'm curios to know why he doesn't just say "Apple Lisa Office System 1.0 on 1.4 disks"...that's the truth.

As for his other items, I can verify that the 20th Anniversary Mac Prototype has a Prototype keyboard, my TAM prototype has the same keyboard label, however I can't say the same for the rest of the system, it looks fairly plain.

Someone who wanted to recycle their disks and didn't see them as important at the time.
Also, the OS disks nodelock after being used so if it was used on another lisa, they won't allow you to install LOS on another one. You had to buy another copy from Apple. This was only recently defeated with a deserialization tool.
Could also be that he didn't have images of 1.4 handy so after degaussing the disk to force format it that was all he could back on it.

Back