• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Thread replies not showing up in forum view... glitch?

VileR

Veteran Member
As of right now, when I browse the PCs and Clones forum, the newest thread is "Windows 3.1 on a 286 class machine" (started by Caluser2000, Today 04:44 AM).
It shows as having 0 replies -- but when I actually click the link to view the thread, I see a reply alright, by njroadfan (posted Today, 05:48 AM).

Your mileage/timezone may vary, but I've cleared the browser's cache and refreshed the forum view tab; no luck - it still says "replies: 0", even though njroadfan's reply is clearly there when looking at the thread itself. What gives?

I did get a reply from Erik this morning that they're working on it still. This was from some other errors I saw around the site though, not necessarily the search feature.

Same for me too. No replies are showing up when I search for new posts. Then just a few searches ago, the forum showed a database error. I had to go to the main page of the forum, log back in, and continue browsing.

Yeah. Looks like it's related to a cpanel update. Not sure how much longer it'll take to resolve, but the sooner the better! :D

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

SOmething good must've happened. I am now able to see how many replies to a thread there are when I search for new posts.

Yep, me too. We'll see about the database errors when I click submit. It does look like the db was fine though, and the php is what got screwed up. I wonder if this will increment the post count now. It didn't update the last ten, so perhaps that info was lost - not a big deal. Anyway, I hope URLJET gets a grip on it since they're charging the big bucks. :)

Edit: Wow! everything worked from this view when I clicked submit. I'll check all the other views after I log off.

Looks like it's related to a cpanel update.

Ah, cpanel updates... every webmaster's eternal bane. At least it's starting to look that way lately.
All's looking good now -- cheers!

Just curious, what version did you update to? My host's version is "11.32.5 (build 11)" and I really don't want to have to figure how how to re-write a full CMS with very little knowledge on web coding :p.

I'm not convinced that cpanel would be a problem, although I don't use it myself. Does it edit the php scripts for the forum software? That is where the problem appears to lie.

In fact it's happening again right now. I just got the database error, but since there is no updating of post counts, indexes, etc, it looks like the error is not actually with the database, but rather the use of it.

Dunno. It's been working great for me as of right now and yesterday evening. My guess (blind guess, I don't use vbulletin) would have been some bad permission modifications to the sql database.

Back