• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CP/M 5¼" diskette for Triumph Adler Alphatronic PC

paul.brett

Experienced Member
I have a Triumph Adler Alphatronic PC with the optional FD1 disk interface, but I have no CP/M boot diskette.

Any idea where I could get one?

Once I can prove the machine boots into CP/M, I can then sell it on, as I don't have a use for it.

Thank-you.

There are two different kinds of boot disks for that computer. One is CPM 2.2 and the other is Disk BASIC. It's a neat machine. I wish I knew what happened to the one I had. :(

g.

Excellent job Al. I've just downloaded the Digital Micro Systems images. Maybe now I'll get my DMS 2000 network master up and running (other than into the prom monitor). Cheers.

Didn't notice the other thread about this from 2011. Unfortunately, the disks are 8" for a DMS-3
I hadn't seen the pictures of the 2000 before. It reminds me of the DMS portable with integrated screen
Is there a Xebec 1401 SASI controller underneath the main board?

What we need to find is a 5" boot or diagnostic floppy disk. There may be enough code in what I found recently
to put one together from the 8" bits. I'm hoping the didn't change the locations of the peripheral ports. The
portable used the same CPU as the DMS-3 with another board for the CRT control.

I'll dump you a copy of the DMS2000 prom, also the DMS PC card prom. I’ve even got an 8086 DMS unit; I’ll get the prom from that also. I have disassembled a lot of the 2000 prom and most of it, including ports, matches the DMS-3 prom. The main differences relate to banked memory, memory testing and hard disk code.

The 2000 has an OMTI-5000 series controller that is compatible with the Xebec 1401. Connected to that is a Rodime hard disk, but it appears someone attempted to wipe it. I’ve managed to dump the complete content of the hard disk, but large swathes have been replaced with blocks of 0xF6 (blank formatting?) which unfortunately includes much of the boot code. Rummaging through the hard disk dump though, I have found several copies of ZCPR with BIOS for the 2000 – I was really pleased to find my disassembly of that bore quite a resemblance to the DMS source you now have on-line. If it comes to it, I’ll use that to recreate a CP/M boot disk.

Back