• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

how about a TI-99/8 ??? Ebay

title: NO RESERVE!
bids: 18 (reserve not met)
MFW>

QZUAoXd.png

lmao (^-- pic)

More wow is:
Time left:9d 08h (Jan 31, 2013 16:45:49 PST)
Current bid:US $660.00
Reserve price not met [ 18 bids ]

9 days left and it's already 660 and 18 bids. Nice system Brad. I can't remember, do you have a website of your collection? The stuff you sell off makes me wonder what goodies you actually keep ;-)

oops...gotta love ebay templates. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't have a website for security reasons mostly. I am selling this "8" because I have another. I dont need 16. I generally sell items to get others so I don't go broke. I upgrade my collection with things I want more I know I create orphans and give away babies, but such is life.

I am no Sellam. There is no warehouse vault. My collection has gotten smaller with higher quality items. They are not all necessarily "valuable" in the traditional sense. However, the things I keep are valuable to me for one reason or another.

For example, I just got an awesome SX-64 in the box. If I had another unboxed, I would now sell it. I think it was you that peaked my interest in them? Anyway, I am really excited to get it. It would not be considered "valuable" comparatively. But, I would not dream of selling it. Unless, of course, a new sealed unopened one shows up. Then, I don't sell it anyway, because I cant use it if I want to. Basically, I battle with myself on these things. lol

What is MFW> ?

My final word? Mother F*ing weird? My future wife? lol

Last edited:
MFW = "my face when" Its one of the new slangs on the imageboards. MFW is used with a picture to describe (usually in a funny mannor) what I did when I saw something.

I may love 8 bit hardware, but that doesn't mean I bury my head in the sand and stop keeping up with the children.

For example, I just got an awesome SX-64 in the box. If I had another unboxed, I would now sell it. I think it was you that peaked my interest in them? Anyway, I am really excited to get it.
That would be me, in our thread about the coolest vintage computer/cases :) - I was wondering how long it would take you to get one of them!

So... Where's the pictorial? Man, you've gotta spread some of that vintage computer pron - I've never seen a boxed SX-64!! :)

Maverick! yes, now I remember. You had posted it in the coolest thread. Agreed. I have been watching for one ever since.

I have the Pascal disks for the 99/8 (formatted for the TI 16 Sector-format DSDD controllers--TI DSDD, Hexbus Floppy, or the Myarc controllers). I got them from the son of one of the original 99/8 engineers a few years ago.

The 99/8 is an interesting machine to play with, although the pSystem GROMs on one of mine send it off into la-la land. I have two--one of each major motherboard revision.

Back