• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The Commodore "65" Computer - EBAY

I see you chose the "ultra" category ;-) Kidding aside, good luck although with 11 bids in 4 hours looks like it'll be fine.

Had to. In fact, I am typing on my ultra rare Dell kb right now...in front of my stupendously rare times infinity acer 20 inch monitor from microcenter. Seriously though, it was the last monitor they had!

I wonder if there will ever be a market for C65 reproductions, like there is for Apple I repros. The most difficult part of that would be reverse-engineering the custom chips.

65.jpg

In my best Monty Python voice....

We've already got one!

But watching auctions like this make me think hard about selling...

Later,
dabone

I have to say that this auction I have going seems to attract more 0 feedback and questionable bidders than any other I have done previously. I have been actively soliciting people to make sure they are legit, and removing questionable bidders, but geez already. Why would someone go in and place a bid of thousands to then later retract it or be retracted. I had someone bid on my ti-99/8 last 30 minutes and then retract it...sending it down $1000. There really should be some rules by ebay here.

Any one else have this experience?

Looks like the bidding is taking a breather.

The last couple of minutes should be extremely interesting!

Good luck on the auction Brad.

This is where you can be SuperPenis and end the auction a minute early and frustrate everyone who are using autosnipe. :D

lmao (NeXT).

wow..
time remaining 4d 01h (Feb 10, 2013 18:13:18 PST)
Current bid: US $4,728.00 [ 21 bids ]

Thanks Curtis.

The calm before the storm or the storm followed by eternal calm.

So far a pretty typical auction for me. In this case, the hits are flying at around 500 a day now in the middle (which is an anomoly). Perhaps a site picked it up or something. Otherwise, it is a prototypical auction. They have much activity in the beginning. The bidders generally don't want to show their cards so they stop what I call "peacock bidding". At the end, they scoop in 1 minute to 5 seconds before the auction ends. However, sometimes an auction stalls and just ends without a flurry. Quite honestly, it is very exciting to me every time. However, it is very scary to list items like this no reserve. I get more comfortable when the bidding presents itself. It does not matter if it is a $100 or $10000 item. I firmly believe that bidders treat a no reserve auction as a real one and that adds to the experience. When it does not go my way, the bidder gets a deal. This is a feeling that I enjoy when it happens to me. Therefore, I rest my mind on that.

I tried a 10 day auction this time. I have not done this before. it seems like an eternity. However, on some of my other "unobtanium" catergoried items, I always get emails following the auction. It is always something to the tune of... " i just saw this, let me know if it doesnt go through" or "I was away last week and missed it" etc.. So I tried it. Overall, I think it is a bit long.

Back