• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

XT-FDC project level of interest

Andrew, maybe someone should warn you, that Since January 27th 2013 USPS (United States Postal Service)
significantly increased international rates - about twice as high compared to previous rates.

Thanks for the info!

We are up to 5 XT-FDC PCBs requested by builders.

Have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

I have placed $17 in the mouth of a pigeon and sent it yonder. Cheers Andrew.

Thanks to everyone who worked on this, it's pretty epic to say the least watching these projects come to life.

Hey Andrew,
Can you confirm. Are these still going to have provision for external connector.

Hi
Yes, there will be an external connector. There will be internal primary and secondary connectors. There will also be an internal 8" floppy connector.

We are up to 11 PCBs for builders. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi!
We are up to 16 PCBs for builders. I think we'll be getting the PCBs soon. Please contact me if you would like one or more.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi

Just added another builder PCB so we are up to 17 boards for builders.

As soon as we hit 20 I will place the manufacturing order.

I am thinking it should be in the next few days.

Please note this is a special arrangement for the initial boards only and there will not be any extras.

I am really looking forward to seeing the build and test results.

Andrew Lynch

Is it possible for Floppy, IDE, 2 Serial ports possibly even printer port to exist on a 8 bit card for the 5150 level of technology and actually work properly?

Hi

It is technically possible but given the difficulty in making these vintage computer hobbyist board projects viable I don't think it would ever be practical.

However the subject is off-topic and probably should have its own thread rather than derailing the XT-FDC discussion.

Andrew Lynch

Hi

Just added another builder PCB so we are up to 17 boards for builders.

As soon as we hit 20 I will place the manufacturing order.

Andrew Lynch

Come on guy's let's get these last 3 boards sold! I CAN'T WAIT to get mine to start building. Don't make me do something rash like buying more boards just to get the total up to 20!!

Put my name too! I want one :grin:.

You need to send your money to Andrew man!

Here's part of his previous post telling you what to do.

If you want one or more XT-FDC PCB (knowing the caveats above) I will gather up some funds for an order. The PCBs are $12 each plus $2 shipping in the US and $5 elsewhere just like the XT-IDE V2 project. Please send a PayPal to LYNCHAJ@YAHOO.COM with "XT-FDC" in the subject. When enough build up for a batch of 20 I will place the order. There will be a delay until the orders pile up and once I place the order then a 3 week lag time until the PCBs arrive. If we don't get to 20 PCBs in a "reasonable time" about 2 months or so depending, I will refund PayPals to their senders or individually on request.

Does that sound fair? Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi
Yes we are very close. I will post an update on the total we are later this evening. I am hopeful we can get this rolling this weekend.

I am excited too and can't wait to see this finally come out. Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi

We are at 18 XT-FDC boards in the queue so we are almost there. I am hoping the last two requests will come in this weekend.

Sorry for the slow response on this. Real life demands at work and home are surging recently and I am generally not available in the evenings of late.

Things will return to normal eventually but I ask your patience in the meantime.

Andrew Lynch

Come on people!!
We need to get TWO MORE of these sold!!!
Do not make me take extreme measures, PLEASE!!!!
If someone buys a second board, then I'll match it by buying another for myself just to get this thing going!!!!!!

I'm game, to whom and how much to paypal?

Here's a previous post from Andrew. Skip down to the third paragraph for payment details. At last tally from Andrew, he had 18 ordered, so we only need two more. If needed I'll buy one more, but I think we can get there anyway.
Hi

Well there seems to be at least some interest in getting a small batch of the XT-FDC boards. Please note these will be the initial batch of boards and have changed a bit since the first prototype round. There is a potential, albeit a small one, for new problems. However based on the results with the initial prototype I think it is largely mitigated. Most likely any problems would be handled with minor cuts and jumpers. I don't think there is any real risk of a completely dead board since we've already proven the basic concept is sound.

I think what we should do is do what we've done with other PCBs that are in a kind of marginal situation. Let the "first adopters" take a chance to see how it turns out. Probably it will work fine. However, I recommend this first batch should probably be those with build and test experience. If anyone is a bit wobbly with a soldering iron or hesitant to cut a trace then I would wait until the production boards are finished. It is entirely possible that these PCBs *are* the production boards but there is always a risk of a bug or two creeping in.

If you want one or more XT-FDC PCB (knowing the caveats above) I will gather up some funds for an order. The PCBs are $12 each plus $2 shipping in the US and $5 elsewhere just like the XT-IDE V2 project. Please send a PayPal to LYNCHAJ@YAHOO.COM with "XT-FDC" in the subject. When enough build up for a batch of 20 I will place the order. There will be a delay until the orders pile up and once I place the order then a 3 week lag time until the PCBs arrive. If we don't get to 20 PCBs in a "reasonable time" about 2 months or so depending, I will refund PayPals to their senders or individually on request.

Does that sound fair? Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back