• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Y.t.

Since those pictures were taken, the HP C8000 has been temporarily put in the server room and its slot replaced with an SGI Fuel I'm getting set up. I liked the C8000 a lot, but I couldn't find a good use for it -- whereas who can resist a big, red computer with flashy graphics?

Well, it's the combination of somehow having gotten unsubscribed from cctalk and then a certain admin at a site you can guess who has nothing but contempt for people who voluntarily use non-x86. So I think I'll find a friendlier place to hang out and get my weird computing jones on, besides Nekochan, of course.

Well, it's the combination of somehow having gotten unsubscribed from cctalk and then a certain admin at a site you can guess who has nothing but contempt for people who voluntarily use non-x86.
Or who use x86 that's more than two or three years old, even...anyway, this is a good place for us esotericists ;)

Hey, welcome aboard!

(In case you don't recognize my username, hint: at the site with the admin you love so much my avatar is a Permian-era therapsid instead of a Triassic-age diapsid. Considering my recent addition to the same thread that led you to the door I might be extinct over there for a while as well.)

You should like it here; people actually *do* instead of just talk incessantly. Search up my old PET repair thread for example. I learned to read schematics, use an oscilloscope, wrote a 6502 assembly diagnostic program, and played with a logic analyzer all in one month! ;)

(Wish I had enough free time as of late to make a few more months that productive...)

Hmmmm :) If I catch your drift, we met over at a router company, a grey computer, and a couple hundred bucks. ;)

Nice to see you here too. I need to start doing more 6502 work again. Now that I have actually wrapped my head around it, I have this persistent dream of porting the Warren Abstract Machine to the Commodore 64.

Bingo! Hope that grey computer is still doing the needful for you.

I've sort of put the 6502s up for the time being (what little classic-computer time I have lately is being sucked up by some rescue TRS-80s) but I do hope I'll eventually find some time to put the logic analyzer back on the two Dynamic PET motherboards I have that *almost* work but suffer from a case of annoying video "droppings". I'm *positive* the issue lies somewhere in the multiplexing hardware between the video memory address generator and the CPU address bus, but the question is where...

Well, it's the combination of somehow having gotten unsubscribed from cctalk and then a certain admin at a site you can guess who has nothing but contempt for people who voluntarily use non-x86.
Huh? You, of all people??? Mind you, getting unsubbed from cctalk might actually be good for your mental health, considering the recent 'discussions'...

Hope that grey computer is still doing the needful for you.

Some of its parts were merged with the current MDD, but otherwise it is a ready and willing spare keeping the Classilla workstation dream alive. :) If it doesn't eat any more power supplies, that is ...

Mind you, getting unsubbed from cctalk might actually be good for your mental health, considering the recent 'discussions'...

High noise:signal ratio? Maybe it's just as well. ;)

Back