• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Replacement AT Mother Board Specs

bettablue

Veteran Member
As most of you all know, between hospitalizations, I've been working on building a new tweener. Well, the Mother Board that Jimmy first sent me proved to be bad, so he graciously got me another, which arrived a couple of days ago. Although I've just been released from the hospital on Sunday, It wasn't until today that I felt up to working on the computer. The replacement Jimmy sent me was one he found on E-Bay. It was sent as a guaranteed fully functioning board. Jimmy bought it from a seller on E-Bay, and had it shipped directly to me. Now, I'm having some trouble locating the manuals and possibly chipset drivers and BIOS upgrades. The most important thing right now though is where to locate a PDF or equivalent manual.

The new board came with a 200KHz Pentium processor and 1 Gig of RAM. I was actually hoping to get a slower processor, like something in the area of 66 to 755 KHz. If one can't be found at a reasonable price, I guess I could under clock the processor. I want the slower speed in order to test some of my original DOS and Windows 3.1 games, of which I have more than a few. This is just one more reason I need the proper manual.

So, does anyone here have a link to the documentation I need so can configure my new mother board?

Thanks much everyone.

A bit of detail might be useful. Is there an FCC ID or model no. screen printed on it? Some here might recognised it from a a good quality picture.

Last edited:
The new board came with a 200KHz Pentium processor and 1 Gig of RAM. I was actually hoping to get a slower processor, like something in the area of 66 to 755 KHz. If one can't be found at a reasonable price, I guess I could under clock the processor. I want the slower speed in order to test some of my original DOS and Windows 3.1 games, of which I have more than a few.

I don't know, Thomas, that has to be the slowest Pentium I've ever heard of. :)

What's the model and make of the motherboard?

Sorry Brain fart. Here is all I know about the board...
The make/model is

QDI P5I430VX 250DM Explorer II Socket 7 AT Motherboard

I've been able to locate the make and model on the web, but everything comes up as either Chinese, or Japanese, or something similar. It has the 200 MHz Pentium processor already installed with a pretty small heat sink/fan combo. On the back is a small white sticker that says "QDI World Class Main Board. And yes it is another AT style socket 7 unit. Lastly, the battery is of the flat circular 3 volt disc.

Last edited:
Pictures would be useful. Why not just hook everything up and turn it on to verify the amount ram and ensure it functions ok? Then worry about underclocking.

This Mother board QDI P5I430VX 250DM Explorer II Socket 7 AT Motherboard is really quite heavy in comparison to some of the other boards of the similar size.

I hope my last two replies make sense.

Try using google the see if there are other links available using the file names listed in link 3 for the bios updates.
Looks like there's two versions of the board with one being a "SpeedEasy" so be careful on the bios updates. Max ram seems to be 128megs.

Last edited:
Disabling all the cache ram will drag the cpu performance down. Using slower 72 pin simms will bring it down further I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Thanks again everybody. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but my searches never turn up with the results you guys seem to pull up. I've saved the manual, and I'll be ready to start installing and configuring this board in my tweener.

I also found where I can adjust the processor CPU frequency, so I won't need the 75 MHz processor. Thanks though.

I'll post here again if I need something in addition, but it looks as though everything is covered for now.

Try using google the see if there are other links available using the file names listed in link 3 for the bios updates.
Looks like there's two versions of the board with one being a "SpeedEasy" so be careful on the bios updates. Max ram seems to be 128megs.

Good catch. Mine does not have the "Speed Easy" option or whatever that is. And you are also correct in the amount of RAM that's on board. There are 4 sticks totaling 128 Megs.

Thanks again.

Back