• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mouse Shelf

bettablue

Veteran Member
I find that my IBM 5150. More importantly, my computer dessk, needs a mouse shelf. Does anyone here have a suggestion for a shelf that doesnt cost over $70.00. All of the ones Ive seen are either too expensive, or are made of very cheap materials.

Thanks much.

Do you have a picture of a mouse shelf? I don't think I have ever heard of such a thing.

Well, you could google the thing and get more pictures than you wished for. I built one for my son's computer desk. His room is pretty small, so I used retractable shelf brackets, so when he sits he can put the mouse shelf in the "up" position and work, when he's finished he puts it back down and has enough space to get around.

If anybody is interested I could post some pictures. It's pretty simple to do.

Good point - as I am fond of saying "Google is your friend". The shock of the concept had left me stupefied ... ; - 0

Our house was completely infested with mice, it cost a lot more than $70. Go for the cheap option, a $70 mouse shelf is a bargain.

I'm not all that handy personally but depending on what it is, it certainly seems like it could be easily built with some swivel joint/screw thing and whatever board or plastic you would like to put some cloth over.

Are you using a desk or a table? If a desk, it's easy enough to simply pull out a top drawer and lay a piece of wood across the top of the drawer. I suspect that any place that installs kitchen cabinets can even cut down a sink "cutout" for you to fit, giving you a nice laminate surface.

Are you using a desk or a table? If a desk, it's easy enough to simply pull out a top drawer and lay a piece of wood across the top of the drawer. I suspect that any place that installs kitchen cabinets can even cut down a sink "cutout" for you to fit, giving you a nice laminate surface.

Yes, I am using a desk, but because of the desks compact design, there are no drawers, so to speak. The only thing able to be pulled out is the keyboard drawer. I did find something that looks like what I want to either make, or see if someone can piece together. As you can see in the very small photo, the mouse shelf is installed on the right side of the keyboard drawer... There is another nice little quirk in the design of my desk too. Just below the top of the desk, are small 1 1/2 posts measuring approximately 9/16" or 5/8" If something can be made to slip over the top of these "Posts", the mouse shelf would easily swing out of the way when not in use.

Any more ideas?

Trust me, I'm looking at all of the options you send my way. One of them is bound to work.

Attachments

• Moseshlf.jpg
    Moseshlf.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1
Back