• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Tandy 1000SL HDD Optoin

Rock on....waiting for it to get here...not in a hurry, but glad to know it works...

What kind of adapter did you use if you have that card and you get a CF Adapter also with maie pinouts?

Or would getting a 40-pin female CF Card Adapter be a better option?

I have an XT-IDE controller in my 1000TX, and use the below adapter from Amazon for the compact flash card:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HVHY2O/

This allows you to change the cards without opening the case. Works great! I have one 128MB card with Tandy DOS 3.3 on it and four partitions, and a 512MB card with Dos 5 on it, and can swap between them at ease. I can also insert the card into my laptop with an adapter, and read/write files easily for transfer.

THis has the same male pins as the Controller card...do you just use an adapter to go from male to female on one of theme?

Smack:

I don't remember exactly where I bought the adapter, but they were cheap and I got a couple of them. Someone here on the forum offered them for sale a little while back (Stone may have some squirreled away). I drilled a small hole in the SX's chassis support cross-member and attached the thing there with a self tapping machine screw (my SCSI also hangs perpendicular off that support bar), then just connected it up with a standard IDE HD cable. My experience is to get the best quality SD card as they are plentiful and cheap these days. An "Ultra" is a good example. The best thing about this primitive little PC is that you can run MFM, IDE, SCSI, and SD - maybe not all at the same time but 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

P.S. A 3.5" floppy occupies the space where the ST-225 used be; i.e. the "B" 5.25 floppy.

Back