• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

micro professor MPF - IP z-80 system

libra

hi vintage computer enthusiast ,
this is a query , a market survey of sorts. i have an original
MPF-IP and am its original owner. it hasnt gotten much use lately
and am thinking of selling it. but i dont know if it would be worth
the cost or bother. what you could do for me is to reply with what
you know. are there people buying these old systems ?
here is what i have :
1. the MPF-IP itself
2. 4 manuals for the MPF-IP :
a User Manual a student work book the monitor source listing
an experiment manual
3. the BASIC chip that plugs into the MPF-1P board & its manual
4. the PRT-MPF-IP printer and its manual
and note that its monitor eprom contains the disassembler utility
5. IOM-MPF-IP i/o experiment board & expanded memory & manual
6. an unused experiment/expansion board
7. a cassette recorder & cable & manual to connect to the MPF-IP
for saving programs and sending them back later on
9. the wall transformers for the MPF-IP, PRT & IOM

please let me know ,
thanks
libra

As far as I can remember, there is a company in UK that sells a clone of the SBC that you have. If I remember it correctly, it runs around $100.00. Although there could be additional costs for peripherals. If you search the net you will definitely find them. Once you made up your mind, let us know how much you want for your SBC :shock:

Yes, the MPF is very popular among collectors. They have been selling on eBay lately for around the $100-range for just the computer w/ manuals, or somewhat less without docs. Expect the value to be even greater with the extra goodies, but I'm not sure how much all together. The peripherals don't come up very often.

--T

Hi libra,
do you still have your IOM-MPF-IP i/o Experiment board? Why I'm asking: I have bought a MPF-1b with an i/o board on ebay. I cannot find any documentation about it in the web. My board is a board with 'christiani 44045' written on it . It has a 8255 , 2x 8 led's, 2x 8 switches (7....0), 2x uln2803 driver and 2 relais beneath some other parts. Is this the same board you are owning, too? If yes: I am looking for a description or a manual, the hardware addresses or anything to help me to get this board alive.... Are you possibly able to help me?

Kind regards
Norbert

Hi Stone, I found libra's thread in the web and it was kind of 'last hope'. There is not much information about MPF-1 addon boards in the web. You are right that really wasn't a prompt question :). My problem is that I do not know where to place a new thread about MPF-1 exactly. So should I open a new thread now and if yes under which section? Thank you for your hint.

This thread is a good place for your enquiry, libra will not see it but there will be several others here with these boards that may be able to help you.

This thread is a good place for your enquiry, libra will not see it but there will be several others here with these boards that may be able to help you.

Hi mnbvcxz, thank you for these information. Here is a picture of the whole package I got from ebay.
I hope someone can give me some information about the I/O board in the middle.

17380996ds.jpg

Thank you in advance,
Norbert

Hi mnbvcxz, thank you for these information. Here is a picture of the whole package I got from ebay.
I hope someone can give me some information about the I/O board in the middle.

<1st pic>

Thank you in advance,
Norbert

Here one more picture, the I/O board only.

17382618ls.jpg

Back