• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Seen: Complete 5160/5161 setup

this is the kind of setup i'm in progress of beginning ..from absolute scratch. I have nothing, toda
I didn't know 5161s existed until I found this site. Last Tuesday, I decided to make getting a 5161 my main goal.
By Thursday, I found one and made an offer. It's shipping this week, so I should have it no later than next week.
I'm not sure these are really so rare.. I think it takes creativity to hunt for one, though. My 5161 cost me $150.
We'll see how suckered I may have been once it arrives. lol.

Mine had a shattered power supply once shipped by the USPS, and I had to enlist a forum member's help to repair it, so inspect your 5161 power supply for damaged soldier pads and other issues before you power it up.

They are pretty hard to find; you were lucky to find one for $150 if the condition was verified as functional. (Remember, you also need the controller card and cable, or else it is useless.)

I'm not sure if he still has them, but forum member BettaBlue used to have a spare card (not sure if it was extender or receiver) - you might try asking him if he still has that spare.

lol. yeah. it's weird that he came across a pair of cards.. I know he said it was luck, but that was a crazy big blessing.
i'll be lucky to get the one extender card that i need.

Back