• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: PETdisk!

JonB

Veteran Member
Hi

I'm looking to buy a PETdisk from bitfixer but I don't know how much shipping to the UK will be. There doesn't seem to be a "contact" link on the website. Can anyone advise please?

Thanks

JonB

Hi JonB,

This is Mike, AKA bitfixer AKA gubbish. Thanks for the quick reply Robert, hope things are going well in Fresno!
Shipping to the UK is no problem,
Current shipping rates are on my store page at
http://www.bitfixer.com/bf/store

I can go a bit lower on UK shipping if you're ok with standard mail, which is a few days slower generally.
Please feel free to contact me through the address Robert sent, or through PM on this forum, if you have any questions. Thanks!
- Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for replying. I have searched all over your site and cannot see the shipping rates. There's a link on the page you put in your post, but it's not working. Opening it in a new page just shows the same page. Might be a problem with iOS as I'm using an iPad. I'll check again when I get into work.

Regards

JonB

Hi JonB,

This is Mike, AKA bitfixer AKA gubbish. Thanks for the quick reply Robert, hope things are going well in Fresno!
Shipping to the UK is no problem,
Current shipping rates are on my store page at
http://www.bitfixer.com/bf/store

I can go a bit lower on UK shipping if you're ok with standard mail, which is a few days slower generally.
Please feel free to contact me through the address Robert sent, or through PM on this forum, if you have any questions. Thanks!
- Mike

Hi Mike,

I've a couple of questions for you.
- Have you any plan for a future .Dxx (.d64, .d80, etc.) support?
- Same about directories: did you plan to update the firmware adding support for folders on SD cards too? It would be really fine in order to keeping all of the PET software in a single SD card.

--Giovi

Hi Giovi,

These are both definitely on the list - would like to include both of these in a future firmware release. Regular life demands are not being particularly kind to my retrocomputing hobby recently, so not sure when I'll get the time to work on it, but trying to carve out time wherever possible! First thing on the list per a user request is implementing support for .SEQ files on the PETdisk. Reading through some documentation on this now.. if anyone has any sample programs which read/write SEQ files, please send them my way as they could be very useful for testing. And implementing subdirectories is the next item right after this.

Hi Mike

I worked it out and have placed an order. Gosh I feel a bit stupid that I didn't figure it out sooner!

Looking forward to getting it - hope your backlog is not too big.

Regards, and thanks

JonB

I should explain that in placing an order I haven't paid for it yet, so for the benefit of those that haven't already got one, you can do this too without worrying about the money. I believe Mike charges when it's ready for despatch rather than at order time, which is a fair way to do it when you don't hold stock (I guess they are made to order as and when time allows - correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, fingers crossed that I will get contact from Mike soon!

Regards

JonB

I should explain that in placing an order I haven't paid for it yet, so for the benefit of those that haven't already got one, you can do this too without worrying about the money. I believe Mike charges when it's ready for despatch rather than at order time, which is a fair way to do it when you don't hold stock (I guess they are made to order as and when time allows - correct me if I'm wrong).

I think he is a pretty busy Silicon Valley software engineer and builds the PET gadgets in batches. Considering he must do parts procurement, fab and test in his spare time, long waits of several months are in the cards.
-Dave

That'll be fine, I'm not going anywhere and neither is my PET. I'm sure it's been said before, but I'm very glad there are guys like Mike building these gadgets and helping the rest of us keep the machines alive. I wonder where I am in the queue, though, because I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one!

:D

Cheers

JonB

Hi Jon, Mike here,

Sorry for the long delay! I have a few PETdisks in construction right now, and can send yours out this week. Will send you a PM with the details.

And the news is.. it's here!

Plugged it in and fired it up - worked first time. Great stuff, Mike! I'm running the power from the internal cassette port because I need to get a BASIC proggie of a tape onto PETDisk (and it looks much tidier this way). The SD card is loaded with stuff - have you got a list? The directory is pages long!

Thanks again!

Just wondering if you have any batches comping up in the future?
sent an email in to the bitfixer website a while ago but haven't heard anything yet.

(I did own one before and know how good these are but I lost it at a retro meeting so I need another one-missing my PET software)

I just got a back of replacement parts in, so I will make/send a new batch out this week. Sorry about the delay getting back to you. If you don't mind please send me another email at bitfixer@bitfixer.com and we can figure out the details. Thanks!
- Mike

Back