• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kickstarter for a new C64C case

Interesting! I don't think I've seen accounts of saving original molds from the scrapper before. I wonder if any other vintage computer tooling is still preserved anywhere?

While cruising the forums, I discovered this --

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1670214687/original-commodore-64c-computer-housing-in-new-coo

The photo of the C64 case molding is very interesting.

Went in for the three cases. Hopefully the project will be funded and good results obtained from the molding operation. Had a very interesting stint late 20th Century working for the automotive sector - high precision molding - fell in love with that operation, always wondered where the molds of the great 8 bits cases ended up. Would like to see someone come up with the molds for the Tandy CoCo :)

Thanks for posting the link to the Kickstarter campaign!

-- RP

Now if only I could get an original C64 case in the correct grey colour (not brown!)

If he does green, I might buy one and then go looking for a crusty old C64C to cram inside it. :)

A 'regular' C64 fits as well. This was a popular conversion at one point, I even remember empty C64C cases being sold for this purpose.

Wonder what type and quality of plastic they are going to be using. I wouldn't mine on with the color of the C16 especially if somebody else finds the mold for the keys so they can match. What would a 3d printed case cost?

Went in for all 3 myself too. Not sure about the white. Like others have said, clear would rock, and black would be very good too. It was funded right after I put mine in, so....your welcome! ;)

Back