• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: twistless floppy cable

oblivion

Veteran Member
can anyone sell me or direct me to a "twistless" floppy cable? I need one with a 3 1/2 and a 5 1/4 connector with the 5 1/4 connector being for drive A:

this is for a commodore colt that I'm having trouble with in getting both drive types to work and I suspect it may be the cable. this machine requires a cable without the "twist". I'm aware that I may be able to make the cable myself out of a standard cable but as I am totally inept at such things, I came here.

And you need it with a 34 position IDC connector (the usual controller connector) for the controller end, right? I am asking because I am totally unfamilliar with Commodore cables.

And you need it with a 34 position IDC connector (the usual controller connector) for the controller end, right? I am asking because I am totally unfamilliar with Commodore cables.

I *think* they are the same except for the twist in the cable.

There were a number of people willing to do the modification of the typical 5 connector to a vintage computer friendly model. Can't find any links right now but what I remember the prices were about $50.

You can pop the back off the end connector on a standard floppy cable and undo the twist.

Or you can probably set both ID selects on the drive to select 'B' or '2' (if IDs range from 1-4) or or '1' (if IDs range from 0 to 3).

I can help you out with a cable and I have the original PC10-III floppy drive and the Gotek for testing. I have a stack of 3.5" drives but I am almost certain that they are all 1.44MB. Let me look at my drives and I'll make a cable this weekend then I'll get back with you. :)

Heather

Back