• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Introduction and reason for being on site

evilarkie

Hello, I am basically an old retired computer programmer geek and electronics geek and I have an item that might be of interest to some of the others like me here. Part of my reasoning is that I would like to ensure that my old boat anchor personal computer has a home with someone who might really want it around. What i have is an IBM PS/2 mod 75 that is still loaded with OS/2 and I hope to find someone who might like to give it a home. If there is any interest, it would be best to pick it up here in Lewisville, NC instead of allowing some shipping company to possibly destroy it. Interested? Just contact me and we will see what we can work out.
I guess now that i have completely left my original purpose to introduce my self, now I can say that I was a mainframer, worked on the largest privately owned computer system in the free world in the mid 1980s and the scarey part is that it all was bought by HP a few years back. So I was a IBM 370 Assembler geek working with 100 percent re entrant code in a real time environment that handled airline reservations and other kinds too world wide.
But that was a long time ago and now I just haunt the internet and piddle with my several hobbies. However, my wife had now said you gotta downsize so alas, the Ham radio gear is packed away and the old PS/2 needs to leave.
Thanks for the site and letting me vent on it.
evilarkie Carl W5KC

Hi Carl! Welcome to the Vintage Computer forum. :)

I live a couple hours from you and I'd be very happy to give your PS/2 a good home. I've been thinking about putting together an OS/2 system so it would be a perfect fit. I'll send you a PM.

Take care,

Heather

Back