• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

DOS 1.1 for $6

lyonadmiral

Veteran Member
Just one of those things you stumble across... I picked up IBM DOS 1.1 with docs and disks for $6 very excited although not sure how practical to run my boxen with. :)

I bought over 20 kinds of IBM PC 5.25 game package + IBM DOS 1.10 with $50 + shipping about 4 years ago.

Good find! I found a boxed copy of "Crosstalk Communicator" software. It's for dialing up to BBS's and it works pretty good. Has all docs and disks.

Crosstalk was an interesting program. It was written by an outfit in Roswell Georgia that used to be located just up the street from where the VCFSE is held.

Nice find! I got mine about 2 years ago for $0.99 with $5 shipping. Mint shape, but unfortunately, I couldn't get the diskette to read in any of three known-good 1.2mb drives, though I didn't try any of my 360kb drives (I shouldn't have had to) - still, it goes nice with my set of IBM DOS versions on the shelf. Now if I can just find that "1.10 with Graphics" and 1.0 versions for less than my first-born child.... ;)

$6 is a great find for any older DOS in good shape. I used up all my good luck 15 years ago when I purchased a clean 5150 in the original box for $100 and found an unmolested DOS 1.0 binder stashed underneath the PC. It even has a few pages printed on a dot matrix printer that must have been added at the last minute.

$6 is a great find for any older DOS in good shape. I used up all my good luck 15 years ago when I purchased a clean 5150 in the original box for $100 and found an unmolested DOS 1.0 binder stashed underneath the PC. It even has a few pages printed on a dot matrix printer that must have been added at the last minute.

Question is, do you still have both, and would you post some pics?

Question is, do you still have both, and would you post some pics?

Just pulled from my collection of vintage micro-computer memorabilia:

IBM DOS 1.0

IBM-DOS-1.0-box.jpg

IBM-DOS-1.0-manual-cover.jpg

IBM-DOS-1.0-first-page.jpg

IBM-DOS-1.0-sleeve-page.jpg

IBM-DOS-1.0-diskette.jpg

IBM-DOS-1.0-diskette-closeup.jpg

Nice find! I got mine about 2 years ago for $0.99 with $5 shipping. Mint shape, but unfortunately, I couldn't get the diskette to read in any of three known-good 1.2mb drives, though I didn't try any of my 360kb drives (I shouldn't have had to) - still, it goes nice with my set of IBM DOS versions on the shelf. Now if I can just find that "1.10 with Graphics" and 1.0 versions for less than my first-born child.... ;)

How did you try to read it? Note that the disk is 160KB (single-sided, 8 sectors) and does not contain a boot sector recognizable to later versions of DOS. Try reading it under plain DOS and you'll get a "General Failure Error". Use an imaging tool such as IMD and you'll be fine.

Back