• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

SaV64 Pre-Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is wrong with you? I've purchased from you before and had a great experience. Why are you trolling me?
I agree that our transaction was flawless and will state here, publically, that I trust you implicitly.

However if you believe that my quoting two of *your* posts verbatim is trolling then you have another issue that needs to be dealt with. They were your words, pure and simple, without any adulteration on my part. I just found the incongruity of your back to back posts impossible to ignore.

I can trust you while still thinking that you're out-to-lunch. :)

Geeze, guys...

Jump on people, much?

To be fair nobody has jumped on anyone or made this personal (except for maybe Heather who is very offended that people would question her project). I clearly said Heather is not the first person to do this and my question was oriented from a buyer's point of view: "What's in it for me as the buyer to assume all the risk?" I think that is a valid question that every buyer needs to ask themselves.

If you're so concerned about ethics, then even if you're not "running a business," you wouldn't be using Paypal gift for single-item or one-time forum-selling.

I don't and I have refused to buy from forum members who have said things like: "Why make it complicated with invoices and all that just send me the money"... Okey dokey...

Heather's reputation across at least a dozen forums that I'm familiar with is STELLAR

The only person putting Heather's reputation on the line is Heather and maybe her defenders. As I said this is business. Money is changing hands for goods. Simple as that. Her reputation is stellar great - that means she is probably going to deliver a high quality product but that in no way means I should give up all my rights as a buyer because of it.

Heather, my advice... don't let a few bad holier-than-thou's keep you from selling on the forum.

I am not sure what all this white knighting for Heather is all about, but none of this is personal for me. It is a recurring issue that bears discussion IMHO. Heather is just the latest example of it. I couldn't care less if she sold or not on this or an other forum. I wouldn't buy from her if she wanted gift PP because I don't like being screwed by a seller. Others may feel differently (which was the whole point of my post).

I just found the incongruity of your back to back posts impossible to ignore.
I read the two posts over and over again and still have no clue what the incongruity is that you see between the two posts. Your comment did not assist me in figuring it out.

As for everyone stating it was not personal... You start ranting, yes ranting, in my sales thread about the evil of PayPal Gift. I gave you an explanation, letting you know I was using it was to protect me from fraudulent buyers (gasp! they do exist!) or lost packages (from non-tracked shipping) and I would gladly accept standard PayPal from anyone who is willing to pay the fees and the extra costs involved in shipping it with tracking. Instead of saying 'great, I'm glad you are offering other options', you tear apart every sentence of my reasons and twist it and turn it until it's nothing remotely resembling the meaning of my response. How is that not personal?

Fine, I'm evil. I'm a scam artist, I'm a criminal for cheating PayPal out of there money even though I pay them plenty of money every time I make a purchase through them. I honestly don't care. I use PayPal Gift often to pay and receive payment for goods. Let's report everyone who's done something against PayPal's terms of service and they may still still have half their users after they ban the offenders.

What does PayPal gift give to buyers? NOTHING! If a person chooses to ask for payment that way and you disagree then don't give them money! The buyer always has the choice and if they don't know the ramifications of their choice then that's their fault, not the person asking for a Gift Payment.

I'm a moderator on AmiBay and we have always warned people about the dangers of using PayPal Gift but we let people think for themselves and make their own decisions. You shoving your rhetoric down people's throats and cluttering up my thread about something that happens all over the Internet is, to say the least, rude and a blatant case of trolling.

I appreciate all the 'white knighting' from the members who have stuck up for me. Perhaps they like to fight trolls when they see them.

I won't let you ruin my enjoyment of this site so I'm staying. I'll leave you to quote each part of this response, twist it up, and troll some more. I've got more important things to think about than you.

Heather

Last edited:
It's time for a time-out ... lets let things cool off a bit here.

I'm closing this thread to new posts temporarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back