• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

For those too young to remember and for those too old who have forgotten...

Very cool! I've had various PS/2 bits over the years, but never a complete, all-from-one-source system!

Oh my. What was the company you bought that from? I am really interested.

It is epic seeing photos of it as new, thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new machine!

Looked up the listings on ebay - $US799 + shipping :(

I also recently (2015) bought a NOS sealed system from eBay. Paid $320 + $30 s/h. Now the same seller (it-sourcedistribution) is selling them for $499!!!

Speaking of PS/2 Mod 30/286s, does anyone have an extra 1.44mb floppy bezel laying around they would part with? For a reasonable price and s/h I will gladly pay. I need one for another Mod 30/286 system I have.

Thanks

LOL, we had it posted at $350 when you had offered $320. Our price has gone up due to less units being available. Reasonable offers are still being considered of course.

Regarding the bezel, we have them available. Feel free to message me and I will send a PayPal invoice over.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

$350/$499, still far less than original retail price... even if it went upto that amount, I'd still pay for a collector's item such as these...

Those prices are way too high IMO. I mean the stuff is great, but it's hard to see anyone who is really into this as a hobby affording the stuff. Still I guess they must be selling some of it to someone.

My suspicion is that the poster is the seller applying stealth sales tactics.

Yep, I agree, though it looks like it's a either someone with 2 accounts on here, or a pay of people advertising at us. Still, nothing really wrong with this as it is completely relevant to the forum. Just wish their prices were more down to earth though....

Hey man, i'm the seller -- there's only one of me. We have a warehouse in long island that's filled with stuff. I know my prices are high, but the condition of my gear is amazing. I've made a few friends on here that could vouch both for me as a decent human being and for my gear (and customer service). Feel free to message me if there's anything you see or have been looking for, might have it!

If I had known there was interest in whole-computer unboxings, I would have shot video of my opening of an IBM PS/2 Model 25 a few months back. I'll be sure to shoot video of the AT&T 6300 unboxing to occur later this month.

Hey man, i'm the seller -- there's only one of me. We have a warehouse in long island that's filled with stuff. I know my prices are high, but the condition of my gear is amazing. I've made a few friends on here that could vouch both for me as a decent human being and for my gear (and customer service). Feel free to message me if there's anything you see or have been looking for, might have it!

Do you have any PS/2 Model 25's Color? :)

Back