• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone Selling XT-IDE Cards?

All preorder emails have been sent! First time using the new mailer system, so sorry if anyone gets a duplicate! If you preordered but don't see an email shortly, check your junk folder -- I haven't set up DKIM for the mailer yet, so some really strict spam filters might trip on it.

For those who didn't preorder, we've got plenty of boards and parts kits, but we're working on filling all of the preorders first. I'll post information on ordering once the preorders are out the door.

If you got your payment in before this post (2016-06-28 0300 UTC) then your package will ship tomorrow around noon!

Thought maybe people would like to see the kits:

fBOIs80.jpg

That's all the bits and pieces. Amy and I picked 15 kits tonight. Here they are waiting to be boxed up for shipping:

9Ls2Xko.jpg

I sent paypal payment to the Glitchworks email. the other one in your email message (chapmajs@vt.edu) was rejected by paypal

I sent paypal payment to the Glitchworks email.
DO NOT send PayPal payments to any @glitchwrks.com address -- none of those are associated with my PayPal account, and will not be associated with PayPal any time in the future.

the other one in your email message (chapmajs@vt.edu) was rejected by paypal

That is the correct PayPal address for me. Good thing I only use it for PayPal -- I'm sure it'll be getting a ton of spam now :)

Started assembling boards for the confirmed/paid for orders:

O4zLJ3j.jpg

That picture was taken immediately after washing -- I assemble with an organic core solder, the flux is water soluble so it comes off with warm water and an old toothbrush. They've been burning in for a few hours in various PCs, probably going to head out in an hour or so!

I sent paypal payment to the Glitchworks email. the other one in your email message (chapmajs@vt.edu) was rejected by paypal
I figured out what happened. I cut and pasted your email address and must have included a space in front so PayPal rejected it. Got rid of the extra space and it went through. DOH!!

Started assembling boards for the confirmed/paid for orders:

Exciting! They look great!

Just checking - they do some with the BIOS ROM don't they? What about the metal bracket?

Forgive me if this has already been answered :) Either way, I can't wait to get mine and try it!!

Bobby.

Parts kits come with all necessary bits to build the boards -- bracket, screws, and EEPROM included! You provide solder and tools. The EEPROMs in the parts kits are blank, but of course the XT-IDE board can program the EEPROM in-board using the XUB config tools.

The assembled units come with the EEPROM pre-loaded with the latest version of the XT-IDE Universal BIOS, 1.1.x series (IIRC the 2.x series is still beta, so I haven't been shipping it with assembled boards).

Got my board assembled :D

Is there a listing of what the dip switches do? I found some docs on prior versions but want to be sure I'm correct with this R3 card.

-J

I'll see if I can't write them up today, but the default of 0x300 I/O, 0xD000 ROM would be:

SW1-1 ON
SW1-2 OFF
SW1-3 OFF
SW1-4 OFF
SW1-5 ON (ON for 8K PROM)
SW1-6 ON (ON for 8K PROM)
SW1-7 ON (Enables EEPROM)
SW1-8 ON (Controls EEPROM write)

SW2-1 ON
SW2-2 ON
SW2-3 thru SW2-8 OFF

Just to let everyone know, we'll be out of town for the 4th of July weekend, and I won't be back in until Tuesday afternoon/evening, so the next round of shipments will happen Wednesday. If you've already paid as of 2016-07-01 19:30:00 UTC then your order is already in the mail!

Back