• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New from Atalanta

Hello and welcome to VCFed!

What kind of old machines are you interested in? How did you find VCFed if I might ask?

Four content-free posts made on the same day that they registered including an introductory post that doesn't mention any type of machine that they might be interested in. And they say they are from Atlanta but the IP address is probably in the UK.

I hate to be this blunt, but this is a potential spammer ... I'm waiting for slightly more evidence before I ban them.

wait, I'm not going to get money from the barrister in Nigeria if I just send him my credit card number for the processing fee...?

Devils advocate though, VPN? They are becoming more popular and are a good idea.

wait, I'm not going to get money from the barrister in Nigeria if I just send him my credit card number for the processing fee...?

Devils advocate though, VPN? They are becoming more popular and are a good idea.

VPN would explain the mismatched IP address, but not the four content free posts including the incredibly short "introduction." If it was just a mismatched IP address I wouldn't care, but I'm willing to bet this is a spammer.

This stuff never happened back in the day when everyone had to hand dial up your favorite local BBS and be quiet lest you disturb the acoustic couplers...

Back