• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Electronic components sources

Erik

Site Administrator
Staff member
I’m looking for two items to get a couple of machines back in operation.

First, I have a Heathkit H-17 drive with a broken fuse holder (the black plastic tube with the red button on the end) that I’d like to replace. I can obviously bypass, solder the fuse in-line or use any old holder, but I’d like a “correct” replacement. Does anyone have a source for these? A part number would also help.

The other item I have is a DEC Rainbow with a busted power switch. The switch a fairly typical wide rocker style in gray plastic with a 1 and a 0 printed on it. Again, I can replace it but I’d like a “correct” part if anyone has a source, part number or spare.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Re: Electronic components sources

Erik said:
The other item I have is a DEC Rainbow with a busted power switch. The switch a fairly typical wide rocker style in gray plastic with a 1 and a 0 printed on it. Again, I can replace it but I’d like a “correct” part if anyone has a source, part number or spare.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Did you see this?

http://marketplace.vintage.org./view.cfm?ad=486

It even has the hard-to-find HDD & controller. Dunno what it might cost to ship it from UK, tho.

--T

Terry Yager said:
Mebbe we cn convince him to part it out...

That's always possible, but I think it would be better to have it stay intact for a potential collector on that side of the pond.

Were he to advertise that it was about to hit the skip I'd ask for some key parts. . .

Thanks!

Erik

Back