• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Items Wanted

jimbo

Looking for any of the following:

Coleco Adam keyboard, power supply, monitor cable, software.

Atari 400/800 monitor cable, floppy drive/cables, cassette drive cable, program/game carts, floppies, tapes.

TI99 power supply, programs/games, other accessores.

Commodore 64 system, accessories, programs, games.

Also looking for old boxed Pong game systems.

Let me know what you have and how much you are asking. I can pay via Paypal.

Thanks,
Jim

jimbo said:
I only have the bare machine so I need the power supply and anything else for it.

I assume that you mean the console AC adapter. Got some or they're commonly available on eBay.

"anything else for it" is very open-ended. Do you plan to use a TV or a composite monitor? Cassette storage or floppy disks or hard disk or... Do you plan on printing? Modeming? Writing programs?

I've got a gazillion of "anything else for it"

Re: Items Wanted

jimbo said:

I will be testing a few Adams and C64's this week. I've heard that the power for the Adam comes from the printer.

Where are you located?

kenziem said:
jimbo said:

I will be testing a few Adams and C64's this week. I've heard that the power for the Adam comes from the printer.

quote]

The printer powers the system, including the cassette dives IIRC.

Lawrence

kenziem said:
jimbo said:

quote]

The printer powers the system, including the cassette dives IIRC.

Lawrence

jimbo said:

Atari 400/800 monitor cable, floppy drive/cables, cassette drive cable, program/game carts, floppies, tapes.

TI99 power supply, programs/games, other accessores.

Also looking for old boxed Pong game systems.

Let me know what you have and how much you are asking. I can pay via Paypal.

Thanks,
i have 2 Commodore 64c systeman 4 games best reasonable offer bbirchj@comcast.net

sorry i take paypal heres a link http://paypalsucks.com money ordes or cahers check thanks bob
Jim

I have 2 games in my TI-99 collection that Im willing to trade away, if you want one or both:

* The Attack
* Adventure (requires some other crap i dont have)

Terry Yager said:
The Adventure cart requires one of several cassette-based games that were released, such as Pirate's Adventure, or some others that I don't recall just now.

Actually there are two versions of Adventure, both include the same cartridge and;

A cassete copy of Pirate Adventure or

A diskette copy of Pirate Adventure.

They work identically. Pirate Adventure is from the widely available Scott Adams series, several other titles are available.

Requires or supports? Is the cartridge something similar to the Infocom Z-machine, but for Scott Adams' adventures, so you'd load a data set from tape or disk and the engine is on the cartridge? The Adventure Inc releases I know for various computers are standalone, but considering TI seems like a special platform, it would not surprise me if they did something different than with the rest.. :wink:

carlsson said:
Requires or supports? Is the cartridge something similar to the Infocom Z-machine, but for Scott Adams' adventures, so you'd load a data set from tape or disk and the engine is on the cartridge?

Yes that's how it works. The are a gazzillion games that have been created on one system then ported to others.

IIRC, the Infocom games had a flippy with the interpreter(?) on one side and the game files on the other.

I dunno about other systems, the only experience I have with Infocom games were on a PC or a CP/M system with double-sided drives, so a flippy wasn't possible.
BTW, the "secret" to hacking the basic program to use a different data file is to load the program into your favorite hex-editor, then dump it. Starting at byte 105, you'll find the name of the data file it wants to load. Change the name to match your data file, save it, then run it as you normally would. This is s'pozed to work but YMMV...

--T

Right. You might notice that Infocom games usually consist of a small executable and a large datafile. The data file contains "ZIL" (Zork Implementation Language) code and the executable is the interpreter. You can indeed use the executable to play other data files, as long as the interpreter and data file are of similar vintage, because there were a number of different interpreters over the years. (I'm not sure they're exactly backward-compatible)

BTW, there are a number of open source ZIL interpreters (aka "Z-machines") available, so you can even play Infocom "Z-code" on your Linux box!

Back