• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

8" ribbon cable that connects IMSAI processor to front

billdeg

Technician
I need an 8" ribbon cable that connects the processor card to the front panel card on an IMSAI 8080. I am guessing that this is a standard ribbon cable, but I don't know for sure so I would prefer to get a cable from another IMSAI.

It should be a standard cable. With the proper connector(s) at both ends it should be fine.

Do you have the manual for your IMSAI? The specification should be in there. If I find some time (getting ready for the VCF now) I'll dig mine out and see what it says.

Cheers!

Erik

IMSAI ribbon cable

IMSAI ribbon cable

www.imsai.net is the place to go for anything IMSAI. I'm pretty sure the cable was just a piece of ribbon cable with 16-pin dip headers, but Todd Fischer will be able to help you out. He or Howard will be at VCF as well, though I'm not sure if they will have a vendor booth.

It looks like I won't be able to go after all...too much to do this week and week end. I tried imsai.net, but I never got the cable...still waiting for delivery.

Back