• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Abmvk

1. Abmvk

Asus eeePC 1000H on Intel Atom N270 ( i386 instruction set?): some questions

If I could find one of the earlier 700 models, I would be very happy. But unfortunately these days I have to be happy with the 1000H :)
  2. Abmvk

Asus eeePC 1000H on Intel Atom N270 ( i386 instruction set?): some questions

My son cleaned his room and found an old eeePC he had borrowed a long time ago. So now I am trying to see how to make it useful. Maybe someone can help me with a few questions: 1. The system was clearly designed for MS Windows, as the keyboard has the typical Windows-keys. But it does run...
  3. Abmvk

Philips P4000

I don’t own one, but I worked on it during my it study in an internship. Not useful for you, but I liked to share 😁
  4. Abmvk

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

Not even our local museum has one. And their collection is huge.
  5. Abmvk

Retro LAN Party game suggestions

My friends en me used to play Red Alert, later Ghost Recon. Not as retro, but in the time these games where the thing. We are becoming retro ourselves :)
  6. Abmvk

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

Can’t compete with that :D My collection is not based on rare or old, but on “what I have owned when younger”, so nothing that special. I think the rarest items are a “Lo profile”-keyboard for the original ZX Spectrum, and a Z88. Not that rare, but most loved is my TRS 80 in the exact same...
  7. Abmvk

Hello, New to forum

Hi Boon. Enjoy this forum. I have no doubt you will :).
  8. Abmvk

What is your daily driver?

You may not care for tablets, but my answer would be a tablet nevertheless. What I use most is: - Apple Macbook Air M2 for office - Apple iPad Pro M1 for about everything - Raspberry Pi 4B for coding - Raspberry Pi 400 for coding support
  9. Abmvk

Adventure Games. Now many did you complete without cheating?

I played Asylum on the TRS-80. Didn’t even get out of the first room, the one with the paper and the key on the outside, without help :rolleyes: Later I tried The Hobbit on the ZX Spectrum. I knew the book very well, drew a map on paper, found out that it had actual errors in it (somewhere...
  10. Abmvk

"Personal Computer" vs. "Home Computer"

I am probably much too young to use my memory as having a shred of authority, but still, I can tell you what the words did mean in my memory, about 40 years ago: a personal computer was an IBM PC-family member or -clone. A homecomputer was one of the 8-bit computers that hit the market, and some...
  11. Abmvk

Good evening from Germany!

Herzlich willkommen in diesem Forum.
  12. Abmvk

1541 for the C64? Any differences, versions, other things I should look for?

thank you all. I have obtained a 1541-ii. It is working like a dream
  13. Abmvk

I don’t think I will get a 128 someday :) First a ZX 81 and ZX Spectrum again
  14. Abmvk

Using machines as they were vs. with modern "upgrades"

Well, I am 53, and I remember the frustration very well. But still I want my TRS-80 to run on a real floppy. With age the frustration leaves the memory and the fondness remains, I found :)
  15. Abmvk

could you elaborate on that? Sounds like based on a raspberry pi?
Back