• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by arf

1. arf

About re-producing PDP-11/70

I chose the 11/20 because I think its a good starting point for me (as i'm new using this architecture), if it works properly (at least the simulation in logisim), it shouldn't be a lot of trouble to modify it design to work as a 11/45. Yeah, I wasn't aware about that problem, I think the...
  2. arf

About re-producing PDP-11/70

Hi all, I think the way to go to replicate a PDP-11 (as somebody said before me in this thread), is to try to replicate the 11/20, as it is the simplest model. I think it would be a nice project to try to replicate a PDP-11 with easily obtainable parts, as nowadays its getting difficult to find...
  3. arf

Western Europe FS: 2 Tektronix 4051

Hi, I just saw this add ( https://www.leboncoin.fr/image_son/2412949738.htm ) in a french online add site. I'm not the owner, I'm posting just in case anyone is interested. I just hope they go to a nice place (I'm a student so I don't have neither money or space to store them)
  4. arf

Abandoned PDP11/44's

I think that with a fair amount of work you would be able to make them work, at least the processor units (I have seen things in a much worse external shape powering up after a good cleaning). The disc drives it may be more difficult or impossible to save, because of the small tolerances between...
  5. arf

Abandoned PDP11/44's

Any updates on this computer? Is anybody currently working on saving it from scrapyard? It would be a shame if it is disposed :(
  6. arf

Abandoned PDP11/44's

Oh, this is so sad :( I wish i lived near Belgium and I had the space to store it properly (I'm a student so I don't have a car or money to drive there)... Maybe you should also post it too in this forum Marketplace so it can reach to more people! Thanks for the notice!
  7. arf

DEC units on ebay

Not strictly a DEC, but it seems like a PDP-11 clone. Its located in Belgium. https://www.ebay.com/itm/125828348936?hash=item1d4bf43c08:g:uEUAAOSw2ApkFKBu
  8. arf

Southern Europe Help wanted for Amstrad PC 1640

Try to use another CRT monitor to know if the problem its in the computer itself or in the monitor. If the problem it's inside the monitor, maybe there is still a old radio-tv repair shop where you can take the monitor and maybe they can fix it (at least in my city in Spain there still are shops...
  9. arf

Grettings from Spain!

Thanks to all of you for your replies! To be honest, my main problem it's no money, it's space! I live with my familly in a flat and I can´t really fit a minicomputer right there! (they also see equipment as junk...). Thanks for your advide! As far as I know here in Spain there is far less...
  10. arf

Grettings from Spain!

Hi! I'm a 19 year old computer engineering student from Spain. I´m interested in 1970's computer technology, I just love big systems with pluggable boards full of 74 series ICs... But as I'm just a student, so I don´t have money or space (I can´t afford a big PDP-11 ) I ended collecting...
Back