• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by baigar

1. B

Rolm 1602A mil spec computer

Hi Jos, thanks for the efforts in creating the schematics of your S375. Quite surprising that they designed a special board with just a CPI interface and no reader, RTC and PTP/R to save cost. Great job in finding out all the connections. Regarding the two signals you are missing (PSTOP and...
  2. B

Thanks for the offer, but I am having running core ;-) If you are unsure on the processor board I might be able to borrow you one for testing if you promise sending it back within 2 months. But of course just an offer and if there are other more interesting projects...
  3. B

Would be interesting if Joos' Rolm-RAM ist working meanwhile?
  4. B

The Hawk/32 (see old post) is back on ebay: This times for "only" 59400 or a defunc one for USD500 ;-)
  5. B

Interesting diagram showing the development of the Rolm 16XX product line up until 1977; also showing "where" to find Jos' 1602A in the family-tree:
  6. B

Thanks for the explanations to Jos. So: Ad 1: I will put my 8k core boards back into the 1626 IO processor. Ad 2: Probably no full schematic is needed; I'd just look at the pins relevant to controling a panel (see wirings scheme posted 8/24) Ad3: What I can offer would be a new breakout cable...
  7. B

Memory: OK, so your 1602A ONLY has got the D-Sub plugs for supplying an external memory brick and there is no internal free slot for e.g. a CMOS memory module. I just pulled one of the 8k CMOS modules from my 1624 IO processor, which also uses a 5605 CPU and this obviously is not going to fit...
  8. B

By accident I came accross an auction on eBay where a Hawk/32 system is listed. That is the latest one of the Rolm series of mil-spec computers, see https://www.ebay.com/itm/312572166544 The seller is asking a rediculous price of 99kUSD - OK, that machine is a 32 bit one largely compatible to...
  9. B

Hi Jos, sad that the connectors have the wrong key-ing. I also had to pay some extra money in the past until I learned there is a different keying. In my variant of these plugs (made by Glenair, Series G3703), the bajonett-ring (marked in blue below) is forced backwards using a spring. In this...
  10. B

Just checked and scanned some documentation; following are the pinout of the Control Panel Connector - a straight 1:1 cable connects the panel there. After that there are 7 sheets giving the complete interconnections in case of a 1602B and that may help in wire a (simulated?) panel directly to...
  11. B

Guidance computer for SpaceLauncher; European Development 920M

Just by the way: If someone has got schematics for either the 920M, Part.No. IL322A11787 (NSN 6930-99-111-8581 or 7440-99-111-8581) or the newer 920ME, Part.No. 75D28482, I'd be highly interested ;-) Some more pictures for those who do not want or can not view the video: (1) The two machines...
  12. B

Just rechecked my CPI (control panel interface) board, type 1642 and this one indeed has got a paper tape reader on board. So I wondered, if the S375 supplied with the box here also has got, but comparing the number of chips with mine shows, that the S375 is a very basic control-panel-only...
  13. B

Congrats to jdreesen for giving this machine a good new home - looking forward to hear on the restoration efforts! Software: Anything written for the Novas should run out of the box on your 1602A. I know of Algol, BASIC, Extended (Multi-User BASIC), RDOS, ... Memory - you should watch out for...
  14. B

Guidance computer for SpaceLauncher; European Development 920M

In the recent years there was lot of acitivity on the Apollo guidance computer (AGC), but also in Europe there where (widely unknown) developments regarding rocket guidance: In 1967 a general purpose computer (no core rope memory, "only" 8k of core store) designed for the Europa space launcher...
  15. B

Very interesting machine - have some 1602 (without A or B) and later machines, but never even seen the 1602A! This particular one seems quite nicely stuffed with IO cards, but it is lacking memory. The 5605 CPU card does not (as stated above) contain memory... Later there have been 8k CMOS...
Back