• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Caleb Hansberry

1. C

For Anyone Who Wants To Get A GRiD Bag For Their GRiD System

Interesting information! I only have GRiD 1660s, so I have the first bag. In addition to the 1720, 1750, 1755, 1755 486/SLC and possibly the 1810, it also fits the 1660 and 1680 perfectly. It's made by Koszegi in South Bend, Indiana.
  2. C

We need something better than cards for retro PC HD Drive Replacement

It sounds like CF cards aren't reliable in the same way that hard drives are. I really like hard drives...
  3. C

California Seeking the Perfect CRT Monitors: Offering a Rare Trade Opportunity!

How unlucky. A while back I had three competent monitors (can't remember the brand, maybe Phillips), but it was a tough sell, selling them as a group. I thought it was nifty but no one local did. And can you imagine how much three Trinitron G400s in good working condition would cost? I'll keep...
  4. C

Pacific Northwest More spring cleaning

I took the larger 12GB and 8.4GB quantum bigfoot drives!
  5. C

Toshiba T3100/20 Boot Issues

The difference is between the T3100/T3100/20, and the T3100e. I'll look for it, but I believe I sold my T3100!
  6. C

Midwest Liquidating collection: 5150, Мастер, TI-99, Hyundai 286, DEC Pentium PC, RS/6000, Televideo 910, others

Do you have a keyboard with a layout like this and an RJ11 connector? Probably no brand, but it's for various heath, zenith, and morrow terminals.
  7. C

Looking for info about existing models related to the GRiD 1660

There is apparently a Panasonic CF-580 on Etsy of all places: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1338492780/vintage-panasonic-cf-580-laptop-untested however, I'm not sure I want to extend my collection that far. I kind of like my L shaped model coverage. Note of the existence of the 3830SL/C...
  8. C

I have finally acquired a Panasonic CF-480! Still can't find an Ast version, or a DEC version of the 1680. I think I'm near the end of the existing models, though. I found that the German wikipedia contains info about the Siemens models...
  9. C

Wanting to buy GRiD 1660C, 1680, 1680C, or Panasonic CF-480

This may be the final update to this thread! I have collected all the related GRiD models, and nearly all the related models in general. I recently found a reasonably priced 1680 on eBay, and then I found what was previously the most difficult to find, a CF-480: It has the same plagues that...
  10. C

Can the wrong keyboard type damage a terminal?

The Morrow MDT-60 uses the same keyboard as the Zenith Z-29, Z-39, and Heathkit H29, and it's a pretty specific keyboard. I'm using one on my Z-39 right now. If that helps you find schematics or information about the way the keyboard works. I know it's pretty intelligent, it basically...
  11. C

Looking for manuals for Heathkit/Zenith H-29 / Z-29 serial terminal.

I can only speak for the keyboard, but the Morrow MDT-60 uses the same keyboard as the Z-29, Z-39, and H29, and it's a pretty specific keyboard. I'm using one on my Z-39 right now.
  12. C

Texas Zenith ZFL-0171-42 PARTING OUT

That poor computer used to work so well...
  13. C

I found that the Siemens-Nixdorf variant is PCD-3Nsl for the base model equal to the 1660, and PCD-4NCsl for the 1680C equivalent with color and a 486. The PCD-4NCsl follows the "reference design" very closely. The PCD-3Nsl, on the other hand, is interesting - it's the only variant of them all...
  14. C

I have acquired a GRiD 1680C! No update besides that. Can't find an Ast version, or a DEC version of the 1680. Here's a magazine clip I found:
Back