• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by carstenl

1. C

Mid Atlantic FS: CPU / Parts COLLECTION - 100+ INTEL/AMD Pentium, Overdrive, 486, 8080, Turbochip, ALL VARIANTS

Hi, I’am interested in the Kingston TurboChip cpu upgrade and the Evergreen Technologies cpu upgrade I Will send you a PM Regards Carsten
  2. C

Western Europe 386 DX40 Motherboard with OPTi Local Bus and 486 Socket, working. 40 Euros.

Hi Chris, That looks like an interesting board. I would like buy it. How much is shippingcosts to Denmark ?. Regards Carsten
  3. C

Hi, I have seen that you have some different MCA cards for sale :) Do you still have the cards...

Hi, I have seen that you have some different MCA cards for sale :) Do you still have the cards for sale ?. I´am also looking for a mainbord for my Model 80, do you have one from the old machine ?. Regards Carsten - Denmark
  4. C

IBM PS/2 Model 56 (8556-045) trouble, NVRAM/CPU?

Great :) I´am glad that you got to work, Regards Carsten
  5. C

Problem with IBM PS/2 model 57 486 SLC2 after Cmos battery change

We have fixed the risercard, and the machine works just fine now :), And thanks for the Help(y) I hope, that you will be able to fix your machine - I will send you a PM. Regards Carsten
  6. C

Thanks (y), it is the same pin where the connection is broken, I will get some help from a friend, the has got better soldering equipment then I have got - it looks like an easy fix If not, we will hardwire the Dallas chip. I will get back to you, when we have done some testing - it will...
  7. C

I think you are right, the Dallas chip is proberly broken I can get it to boot on the refdisk, and do a automatic configuration, but after it restarts I still get the same error codes and the warning, that tells you that there is an error in battery powered configuration data. Then it tells me...
  8. C

IBM PS/2 Model 56 (8556-045) trouble, NVRAM/CPU?

Hi, I have made a post to you here.: https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/problem-with-ibm-ps-2-model-57-486-slc2-after-cmos-battery-change.1235542/#post-1238741 Regards Carsten
  9. C

Hi, It looks like the Dallas chip does not get the +3v from the battery, it is just like the error I have got. The strange thing is, that I get the same error on two different model 57 mainboards I suspect the the risercard is faulty, but i do not have a spare to test with - is it perhaps...
  10. C

I have attached pictures..the best I could take with my phone... Pin 12 is connected to the point with the red circle, and the +side of the battery is also connected to that point.
  11. C

I think i have found out, what is wrong with the risercard. It seems to be a bad connection from one of the pins on the risercard ( pin 12 on the A side of the risercard ) The connection from the pin to the risercard is disconnected at the top of the pin. The printed circuit is very small there...
  12. C

I have got a strange problem, after cmos battery exhange on a model 57. The machine could not keep the bios settings after the machine was turned off, so I changed the CR2032 battery on the bus adapter ( Riser card ) To get better access to the battery i removed the bus adapter, and changed the...
  13. C

Ibm XGA-2 Adapter for Bermuda motherboard

Hi, I´am looking for one or two Ibm Xga-2 adapters for my two Bermuda motherboards, I have got 2 Bermuda motherbords and a risercard from a friend, but i´am not able to test them, whitout any graphics card. I have been looking at Ebay, but I have not been able to find any in Europe Perhaps...
Back